Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About UNYCosplay
UNYCosplay -- Upstate New York Cosplay Society -- is a club based in Upstate New York for those interested in cosplay -- The creation of costumes and the dressing in those costumes. We are a non-profit club.

[Image: unycs_meeting_rpi.jpg]

UNYCosplay was formed in 2004 when several key members met at Genericon of 2004 and decided the time was right to start a cosplay club. The club found a high percentage of members coming from Niskayuna, and meetings started being held in Troy.

[Image: unycs2004.jpg]

The everlasting traditions of the Halloween Jpop Dance and the Cosplay Picnic were formed and quite successful. Since our first year, we have created new traditions such as Iron Cosplay, which we run yearly at both Genericon and the Picnic.

We welcome costumers of all levels, and of course, attendees are always welcome to our events, even if you don't have a costume!
I cannot believe its been almost 5 years since we started this club. I am so proud of our little group, or not so little any more!
Also, that photo is ridiculous! I was so young! Tongue We should do more group meetups at conventions!
(01-24-2009, 03:11 PM)Kairi G Wrote: We should do more group meetups at conventions!
I agree completely!
We should take another group photo that's more up-to-date, too. I haven't seen some of those people in forever!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Absolutely!
We are making it a point to take a group photo at each event from here on Big Grin
(01-30-2009, 03:28 PM)Flipkat Wrote: We should take another group photo that's more up-to-date, too. I haven't seen some of those people in forever!
Ummm yeah we should. I'm not in it. XDXDXD
Planned cons: Otakon
Planned costumes for 2009:
Anna Kyoyama (Death of Yoh Version) - Shaman King - 90%
Penelo - Final Fantasy XII - Planned
Haruka/May - Pokemon - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
(01-24-2009, 03:11 PM)Kairi G Wrote: I cannot believe its been almost 5 years since we started this club. I am so proud of our little group, or not so little any more!
Also, that photo is ridiculous! I was so young! Tongue We should do more group meetups at conventions!

I know! I was just looking at the picture and thinking the same thing!

Yay for growth!
Found a newer pic of most of us....

[Image: l_8cb7955e80980554dbbf2afc0852db88.jpg]
Planned cons: Otakon
Planned costumes for 2009:
Anna Kyoyama (Death of Yoh Version) - Shaman King - 90%
Penelo - Final Fantasy XII - Planned
Haruka/May - Pokemon - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
Excellent!