Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genericon XXIII -- February 12-14, 2010
I guess they figured it was a question that would be frequently asked?
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Is preregisration up yet? If it is can someone give me the link to it. Thanks.:bunny:
I will change the world from within
(01-12-2010, 03:58 PM)Suzaku Kururugi Wrote: Is preregisration up yet? If it is can someone give me the link to it. Thanks.:bunny:

You must register with the site in order to pre-register. If you already are, you must go to the account link and check the box for pre-registration.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Augh, I might not be able to go this year after all. My ride's car broke down and I'll be four hours away. ;-;
OBJECTION!
(01-20-2010, 08:40 PM)Berry-tan Wrote: Augh, I might not be able to go this year after all. My ride's car broke down and I'll be four hours away. ;-;

so sorry to hear ; ^ ; !!
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Me too, it's the only con I go to and I miss a chance to spend the weekend with my friends.
OBJECTION!
I feel really weird asking this, but... Genericon's rules for minors now I guess, is that they have to sign in with someone 21 or over who's also attending. And my mom would do it, but she doesn't want to stay... )=
Is there anyone willing to sign in with me? I would pay your entrance fee, if anyone is willing to help. ^^;;
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned

They had that same rule last yr and i still saw minors walking around without parents. I think if she signed you in its ok, but I don't think she'd have to stay... Maybe you should ask the con about that?
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Taken right off the Genericon website:

Minor Attendees

* I am under the age of 18. Can I still attend?
Certainly, though with one caveat: you must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian who is legally responsible for you. In addition, some events may be deemed unsuitable for minors.
* My parents can't make it, but I know someone who can vouch for me. Do they count?
If you come with a person of at least 21 years of age who is willing to stay with (and take legal responsibility for) you for the entire convention, you may still attend, provided that you remain in their presence at all times.
* I'm the parent of a minor who wishes to attend Genericon. Do I have to stay the entire time?
You must be with your child at all times while they attend Genericon. In the event they get separated from you, we will ask for a cell-phone number that we can reach you at so that you may be reunited.
* I'm going to stay with my child but am not really interested in what your convention has to offer. Do I need to pay for my badge?
Yes, you must purchase a badge even if you do not intend to participate. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a discount for parents and guardians who do not wish to participate in events at Genericon.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
I have already read the rules from Genericon's website, and last year my aunt was hardly with me at all, but part of the rules say that I have to be the adult's presence at all times, and my mom is paranoid that by the off chance they do "catch me" without someone over 21, I'll get in trouble.
Personally, I think I'll be fine ^^; I've never had a problem before. But my mom was set on me at least trying to ask someone... X3
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned