Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unycosplay karaoke party! (3/21/09)
Music 
UNYCosplay is holding its first ever Karaoke Party!

Details
  • Date: 3/21/09
  • Time: 5-10pm (setup: 4pm)
  • Cost: $3 ($5 for 2 people that prereg together!)
  • Pre-register here: http://www.unycosplay.com/thread-58.html
  • Bring: Potluck item
  • Theme: Cherry Blossoms
Events
  • Karaoke
  • Cosplay contest
  • Video games
  • Potluck dinner
  • Rock Band
  • (and more)
Notes
  • There is no smoking unless you are in the parking lot. DO NOT leave butts please. Put them out completely and then throw them out.
  • Please respect the property as this is a church. We ask that you do not go into the sanctuary or wander around any where other than the rooms that the events are in.
  • For people who would like to sing something in particular -- The only way to guarantee you will get to sing it is if you bring your own music (ipod/stick/cd) and lyrics (paper/stick). I will have a limited selection on-hand and -maybe- the internet at my disposal.
  • If you would like to volunteer to help set up or judge the cosplay please PM Phoenix or chrono.
Directions
  • Here's a google map.
  • It's near the route 7 exit off i-87.
  • If you take 7East from RPI, you stay on that until you take the RT 9 exit. At the end of the ramp you turn right onto RT9. Then turn right on to Sparrowbush Rd. At the end of Sparrowbush, at the light, take a left. The church is on the left about 500ft down.
  • See below for additional directions.

See you there!
Additional Directions:

The address is 109 Forts Ferry Road Latham. It's about ten minutes from RPI, and near the Route 7 on/off ramps for I-87.

Here is directions to the church:

From the East:
Heading East on Route 7 turn left at the light for Wade Road Ext.(Be in the left turning lane.)
At the next light turn left onto Forts Ferry Road. (If you are going past Target, you've gone past the road.)
The Church is after the Forts Ferry Elementary School on the right.

From the West:
Heading West on Route 7 take a slight right onto Forts Ferry Road at the corner where the sub shop is. (At this point the road is one way)
Keep going straight past the Forts Ferry Elementary School, the church is the next building on the right.

From RPI:
Head down 15th Street towards Hoosick Street.
Turn left on to Hoosick Street and continue straight.
Stay in the right lane to get onto the Collar City Bridge/Route 7.
Take the Route 9 exit.
At the end of the exit take a right onto Route 9.
At the next light bear right onto Sparrowbush Road.
At the end of Sparrow bush Road, there will be a traffic light, turn left onto Forts Ferry Road.
The church is about 600 feet down on the left side.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Update:
Any kind of music will be allowed at the karaoke party.
As usual, I will have a limited amount of Japanese music on hand, so if you want to sing anything I don't have you should bring the song in some common format. And bring lyrics if you don't know them Smile
Update:
We will have Rock Band! (thank you, Harry!)
So it reoccurred to me that the theme for this event will be Cherry Blossoms!
Is anyone karaoke-ing, cosplaying, bringing food, or decorating accordingly? :3
Is there anyone who can give a ride for any number of people who live in the East Greenbush area?

So far I have Joe, Ashley and Harry to bring, and Harry and I both have a lot of equipment, so I'm thinking another car would be in order... Help!
Was it fun , I got out of work at 8 and was really exhausted ; ^ ;!!

Tell me how it was!

I am sad I missed out = ^ =;
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
It was really fun and we had lots of yummy food!

Thank you to everyone that showed up and/or brought food!

I'm thinking we may do this again next spring.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
It was a great time, we sang throughout the night!
We should definitely do this again Big Grin
Great job organizing it, Stacy!
; ^ ; IS SAD CAUSE SHE MISSED OUT ON FUN TIMES!
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”