Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gake no ue no ponyo (ponyo on the cliff by the sea)
Today (8/14) is the opening day for Miyazaki's newest movie, Gake no ue no Ponyo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponyo_on_th...by_the_Sea

And there is talk about seeing it after the picnic (8/15), possibly in cosplay!
Who's interested?

Showing times:
  • Spectrum 8 Theatres; 290 Delaware Avenue, Albany, NY - (518) 449-8995; 12:35 3:55 6:50 9:20pm
  • Regal Cinemas Crossgates Mall 18; 1 Crossgates Mall Road, Albany, NY - (518) 456-0775; 1:45 4:15 6:45 9:15pm
We weren't looking to do a large group, but just a few of us were planning on going to the last showing at 9:20pm. It's easier for us time wise. The showing before that is 6:50pm and all other showings are during the picnic. But those are the only 2 evening times listed. Tickets are cheap too! under $9! I saw a trailer for it and it made me so happy! It mixed my love for The Little Mermaid and Miyazaki's movies! ^__^ I hope it's good! (Although I have no doubts, they seem to get better every year. ^_^)
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Hmm... 6:50pm seems doable... I kind of don't want to go to such a late showing...
Is that the only theater showing it?
I'll do a quick search.

I also wonder if we should reserve tickets...
Okay, I did a search on movie times:
  • Spectrum 8 Theatres; 290 Delaware Avenue, Albany, NY - (518) 449-8995; 12:35 3:55 6:50 9:20pm
  • Regal Cinemas Crossgates Mall 18; 1 Crossgates Mall Road, Albany, NY - (518) 456-0775; 1:45 4:15 6:45 9:15pm
Oh wow! Crossgates is too?! That's awesome! No one has to go with us, that's just time that works for us. I may still go to the Spectrum, it seems cheaper.
Depending on if anyone wants to see the earlier 6:45/6:50 showing, I may try to join you guys :3
Ok so we're doing Crossgates at 9:15pm now. So far I have Jen, me, Kim, and Alyssa. If anyone else really wants to go at that time, we can do a meetup I guess. The 6:45 is really just pushing it for us.
Ok nice -- I suspect any further planning will be done at the picnic itself XD
I was happy to see so many people from the picnic there -- I think we were about 20 people strong, and we were about 75% of the people in the theater! (of course, it's too bad there weren't more people ;_; -- The theater was kind of empty)

I took a few groups pictures -- I will post soon!
Do you know if they will have more showings? I wanted to go so badly but already had plans with my hubby in Schenectady.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio