Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
asian supermarket corp.
ok, i never been to an asian market in this area....the only one i've been to is the one in new Jeresy, Mitsuwa, what i need to buy is Mochiko, Kinako or Katakuriko...does anyone know where i can get theses items?

i live in wynskill so a close one would be very nice!
:frog:
I live right near Wynantskill and the closest ones are infact in Albany.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
kiroix_x:
I definitely recommend Asian Supermarket Corp.
I didn't see mochiko, kinako or katakuriko specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have it.
They are currently the largest Asian Supermarket in the area!
I'll take a look for those items the next time I'm there.
thank you!
is there any stores that you know that have it for sure? or not...it's fine if you don't!
I just went again tonight.
They definitely have kinako and katakuriko.
I didn't see mochiko, but it wouldn't surprise me if I simply missed it.

Also, important update: They DO have taiyaki ice cream!

kiroix_x: Out of curiosity, what do you usually use those 3 kinds of powders for?
@chrono: i'm making mochi and you can use one or the other to flour the mochi! i don't know how the Kitakuriko tastes so i figure i might as well just pick it up. i'm making the mochi for the picnic, hopfuly.....i also want to see which one taste better, then use the one that tastes better or make a half and half batch...
Ah neato!

*uguuu* I really should have eaten a real dinner last night instead of 3 taiyaki ice cream ._.
well i was looking all over this forum for when the open and close and i couldn't fine it so it googled it and found the times here they are

Asian Supermarket is open 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, until 10 p.m. Sunday

i also found a review if anyone is intrested.....

http://www.timesunion.com/ASPStories/Sto...CCode=MBTA
kiroix_x: I was just at Kim's today and found all three flours you were asking about!
So that may be one-up Kim's has, since I couldn't find Mochiko at Asian Super Market. Just keep in mind that the packaging is completely in Japanese, so you might want to bring the hiragana for it when you go.
Hiragana: もちこ
(or maybe you already knew that, in which case, never mind XD)
What kind of furikake do people normally buy. I've read tons of stuff on it but I don't know which one I would like. Not to mention I always get to the store and forget what its the one I'd like to buy is called -___-
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio