Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
asian supermarket corp.
WAIT, there's an Asian Market in troy too??!! OMG where?!!

(07-22-2009, 07:48 PM)chrono Wrote: -taiyaki ice cream (which you used to be able to get at Kim's and at Troy's Asian market -- But I'm not sure it's possible to get anymore)
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
You can get the fish taiyaki ice cream at the Korean market that is just past the circle on route 2, next to the Sakura restaurant.. It was the red bean filling with vanilla ice cream. They have them individual or by the box. They are tasty.

Also, I stopped by the Asian Supermarket Corp and exploded with happiness. Everyone must take a trip over there.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
(07-22-2009, 08:46 PM)Binah Wrote: WAIT, there's an Asian Market in troy too??!! OMG where?!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to get your hopes up -- There -used- to be an Asian market run by a Korean gentleman on the corner of Hoosick and 15th. Alas, it has since disappeared and turned into a pizza place.

I suppose it can't hurt to list the Asian markets I know in the area:
  • Asian Market Corp -- Across from Zero Gravity
  • Lee's -- East a bit from Zero Gravity
  • Kim's -- West of Wolf Rd, on Central
  • One in Latham -- Near Sakura
  • One near Hannaford across from Westgate plaza
  • One out in Niskayuna on Central -- This one I've never been to, but it's supposedly been there for a long time.

There was a Hong Kong Market which came in on Central very close to Wolf Rd, but that went under very quickly. And actually, a few years back, a really nice Lee's market came in in the K-mart plaza up in Latham, but that went under rather quickly as well. That one was actually larger than Asian Market Corp -- But the selection didn't seem as much.
the asian market is amazing, I hope they stay around. They actually have ingredients I need to make Kimchii and they have my strawberry soda * 3 * <3
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Ok, so I finally went AND IT IS GODLY!!!! I SQUEED at the Calpico with their low cost prices!! I will be going there alot more often too!!
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
So I went AGAIN today :3
Man, I probably spent about $100 there this opening week LOL

I made some more discoveries:
  • They -do- have scallion pancakes
  • They have anmitsu parfaits (sooo goood)
  • They -do- have Sweet Rice Banana Candy!

So at this point, the only things that I can think of that you might have to go to another asian market for would be mochi blocks and takoyaki.
DJ, Do you know more exactly where the one in Niskayuna is?
The one with Indian/Pakistan/etc? It doesn't have Japanese/Chinese/Korean stuff, if it's the one I'm thinking of.
Well you posted: One out in Niskayuna on Central -- This one I've never been to, but it's supposedly been there for a long time.

The only one I could find was on State St. in Schenectady. Is that you one you're talking about?
I also found that one when I googled:
Asian American Grocery
1339 State St
Schenectady, NY 12304-2719
(518) 382-2668‎
And indeed, that is the one I went to.