Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
albany go club
So there is a Go club that meets at Professor Java's (Wolf Rd) every Thursday night from 7pm.

Their schedule changes slightly, but stays the same, for the most part.
I'll post the next email I get from the mailing list.

All skill levels welcome.

Go learning websites
[EDIT2]
I'm also adding info about computer Go programs. The strongest out there which you can play for free is about 1-kyuu to 2-kyuu, and are on KGS. The other 2 sites are in Japanese, so if you get stuck, let me know.
noel Wrote:Dear Go Friends,

We are meeting on Thursdays 7 to 11 pm to play Go at Prof. Java's. Wayne will be away this Thurs, but I will be there.

Prof. Java's is one block before the north end of Wolf Road in Colonie. Going north on I-87 (Northway), use Exit 4. At the stoplight at the end of the offramp, turn right and go half a block south. Prof. Java's is on your left. Park behind the building.

Note below that the Brooklyn Go club will be at Round Top nearby for the 4th of July weekend and invites local players to join them.

Get information on the 2009 U.S. Go Congress in Washington, DC, August 1-8, at http://www.gocongress.org/
Wayne will attend the Congress and thinks it is great – nonstop Go with 400 players (all levels) for 8 days, all kinds of tournaments and special events, including lectures and simultaneous play by professionals.

Noel

We are meeting on Thursdays 7 to 11 pm to play Go at Prof. Java's. Wayne will be away this Thurs, but I will be there.

Prof. Java's is one block before the north end of Wolf Road in Colonie. Going north on I-87 (Northway), use Exit 4. At the stoplight at the end of the offramp, turn right and go half a block south. Prof. Java's is on your left. Park behind the building.

Note below that the Brooklyn Go club will be at Round Top nearby for the 4th of July weekend and invites local players to join them.

Get information on the 2009 U.S. Go Congress in Washington, DC, August 1-8, at http://www.gocongress.org/
Wayne will attend the Congress and thinks it is great – nonstop Go with 400 players (all levels) for 8 days, all kinds of tournaments and special events, including lectures and simultaneous play by professionals.

Wayne and I will not play on July 2. I will resume Thursday play on July 9th.

Noel

We are meeting on Thursdays 7 to 11 pm to play Go at Prof. Java's.

Cordially, Noel 377-1940

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Professor Java’s Coffee Sanctuary

217 Wolf Road, Colonie, 435-0843. A light menu features sandwiches, salads, wraps, quesadillas, stuffed breads, croissants, bagels, pastries. Large selection of coffees, teas, fruit frappés, etc. Coffee is roasted on the premises. It’s all served in an eclectic, comfy atmosphere. Part of the Gift Basket Company program. Open patio. Serving 6am-11pm daily. AE, MC, V. $

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Go learning websites added to top post!
Links for playing against computer opponents added!
wayne Wrote:Dear Go Friends,

Cordially, Wayne 346-5138

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Professor Java’s Coffee Sanctuary

217 Wolf Road, Colonie, 435-0843. A light menu features sandwiches, salads, wraps, quesadillas, stuffed breads, croissants, bagels, pastries. Large selection of coffees, teas, fruit frappés, etc. Coffee is roasted on the premises. It’s all served in an eclectic, comfy atmosphere. Part of the Gift Basket Company program. Open patio. Serving 6am-11pm daily. AE, MC, V. $

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just one game, they said,
And started to play ...
That was yesterday.

Ancient Chinese verse
wayne Wrote:Dear Go Friends,

You are invited to a Go workshop led by pro Guo Juan, Oct. 9-12 (Columbus Day weekend) nearby at Round Top in the Catskills. Details at
http://brooklyngoclub.org/gc/cgi-bin/dis...pic_id=380

Cordially, Wayne 346-5138