Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yukata for the Japanese Fest 08/30
Has anyone ever made a Yukata before?? I was thinking about making one for next Sunday for the Japanese Fest in Niskyuna.

I can easily get fabric at Joann's, hopefully and I have a machine but I have no idea about a pattern. I looked around online a little but I'm not sure exactly how to figure out how my measurements translate into what size pannels etc I need.

Thanks in advance! ^_^
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
You are so in luck! I have the pattern you need! I have an extra one and could send to you. They are super easy to make!

Yukata's are "one size fits all", but if you're bigger like me, that's not true. My pattern is S-XL I believe. It needs minor adjustments at the armpit, but that's not a big deal. I'll have to look at the pattern again and send instructions with it.

Do you know how to wear a yukata? If not, I'm also the person to ask about how to wear it properly, and how to move in it properly. I did a tutorial a few years ago about how to wear Japanese clothes, maybe I'll have to do one on how to make yukata.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Thanks so much! I'll PM you some more info.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
I think I made mine from a bathrobe pattern with widened sleeves. Big Grin
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]