Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wig help please?
Well, considering my time has been eaten up by college alot of my bigbig plans for cosplaying have been put on the back burner in favor os simpler cosplays.

I was wondering if anyone had advice for where to find a wig that resembles this. And if not where to find a wig like this, what to do the alter the wig to look right?

References:
Majin Tantei Nougami Nuero
OBJECTION!
Well... there are a couple of things you might be able to do. First, I'd go check for a blonde wig in one of the box stores, since they'd be on clearance.
(If not, I have a wig you might be able to use that I want to get rid of.)

Then from there, you can go to an ethnic haircare store and try to find yacky. It's fiber that looks like hair that's intended to be braided into a person's existing hair. It's cheap, and you get a lot of it for what you need it for.

Once you have it, it's a little frizzy, so you can either blow-dry it or boil it (which I've never actually tried). It tends to damage the ends, so keep that in mind when buying what you need.

Once it's straight, you can add it in either using some of the information in this tutorial, or do what I do, which is take little pieces of interfacing, cut it into strips about an inch by two inches, spread low-temp hot glue over the surface, add the hair, and then roll the interfacing overtop, sandwiching the fibers until cool, and then trimming off the excess, then gluing it directly to the net. People cringe when I suggest this, because it's not the most elegant way of doing things, but it works well for me, and if you're careful about applying the interfacing, no one will ever know. It's also not quite as permanent as sewing, since in extreme heat, it could melt off. It's never happened to me, but I've heard it's possible for things to become unglued in summer cons. I've found that doing the wigs in the way the tutorial shows makes it hard for me to wear the wig because it reduces the space in which my head (and enormous pile of hair) can occupy.
A more time-consuming method could be purchasing a blonde wig, and using the sharpie technique for coloring the bangs. It worked well for my Prince Nuada wig. Smile
Coincidentally, that's the show I can never remember the name of that "Kuroshitsuji" reminds me of. For no good reason! Just a demon guy in a suit maybe? Big Grin
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Alex: Good site by the way -- It seems very informative! I've added it to the Links section.
I already checked the usual stores to see if they had halloween wigs on discount. All that was left were mullets. *shudder* So I'd be really interested in that wig you're looking to get rid of!

What's is the sharpie technique? Do you just color the wig fibers?

Haha, Neuro and Sebastian don't have much in common beyond the demon thing. XD It's been my latest series obsession for the moment~
OBJECTION!
It's a little more than just coloring the wig with a sharpie. Here is a thread on cosplay.com that should help you: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=82947
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Thanks for the link, it's really helpful~!
OBJECTION!
(11-02-2009, 07:49 PM)Berry-tan Wrote: I already checked the usual stores to see if they had halloween wigs on discount. All that was left were mullets. *shudder* So I'd be really interested in that wig you're looking to get rid of!

What's is the sharpie technique? Do you just color the wig fibers?

Haha, Neuro and Sebastian don't have much in common beyond the demon thing. XD It's been my latest series obsession for the moment~

It might not be tootoo helpful, since it's a "Peggy Sue" style wig with short bangs in the front. It would require a bit of "wig surgery" to make it really viable, but even with the work, it'd still be cheaper than buying a new wig, especially given that it's got a good, thick pile of hair in it.