Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteers for Maid Cafe @ Karaoke Party
Basic info: With the service a client gets a dessert, drink, and a game with the maid for 15 -20 mins. An Open invitation will be announced to anyone at the event to interact with a group game. This includes people that aren't at the maid cafe.

Outfits: Basic "Alice" style dress with an apron. Any color is okay, just nothing crazy like hot pink. Traditional colors are black and white or dark blue and white. For the girls, you are encouraged to wear flats. Since you are handling food, hair and wigs need to be put up in at least a ponytail.

Tentative time: 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Maids need to be at the church no later than 4pm if you aren't attending the meeting at 3pm. We need help setting up, prepping food and we need to go over things. Do not arrive in costume! Please change before the cafe opens so you don't get anything on your outfit.

You will be serving coffee, tea, juice and desserts.

Please be aware that you may have to plate food yourself, as I can't be there the entire time. I would like to attend the Cafe also. We will be going over how to present the food, safe food handling and proper hand washing before the event. Also how to serve hot drinks and such properly.

Any suggestions for games during the cafe?

Anything else you want to discuss, please post here.

Maitre'd:
Amber

Maids:
Kathy, Alyssa M. and Alex

Butlers:
Jen

Misc:
Stacy, Alyssa F.
Games: There's the standard rocks, paper, scissors. The other ones I've seen done are that one where you're pushing in teeth of an alligator (??), and the one where you're sticking swords in a barrel that has a guy in it (the name of this one will come to me...). I kind of feel like Pictionary might be a decent game... Very often maids will draw cute things for customers anyway (not as a game, though, usually).

I am interested in participating, but I need to figure a couple of things out first.

As for customers, I will be trying hard to drag co-workers there, since I know Amber has talked to me about it before ;P If there is some kind of official invitation I can send them, I will. Otherwise, I'll simply write up an email and link them to the appropriate threads.
Count me in for waiting.
(09-02-2009, 06:39 PM)chrono Wrote: Games: There's the standard rocks, paper, scissors. The other ones I've seen done are that one where you're pushing in teeth of an alligator (??), and the one where you're sticking swords in a barrel that has a guy in it (the name of this one will come to me...). I kind of feel like Pictionary might be a decent game... Very often maids will draw cute things for customers anyway (not as a game, though, usually).

Okay, here's the problem, where do we find these games? I mean do you actually have the crocidile dentist game at your apartment? I haven't seen those in years. What we were thinking of doing is going to like a Wal-Mart or a Target and scout ideas in the cheap games section. Also, if anyone has any game at home they would like to volunteer, please let us know.

Stacy suggested Connect 4, Ker-plunk, and Pictionary w/ limited rounds.

As for rock, paper, scissors, I'd love to do that but we need bowls to put over out heads and squeeky hammers. Also, I don't know the rules for large group rock, paper, scissors. I'd love to have that be one of the group games that we do as a group but...
"I cosplay, for the same reason I write... my muse will not let me sleep if I don't"
I would like to volunteer, but I suppose I'd like to be a butler. Big Grin
LOL Jen!

Amber: Yes, I see your point.
As for janken, I'm pretty sure you can play without hats/hammers... At least I've played in Japan that way (I actually won a prize once!)

It's not that complicated.
Generally, it's all customers versus one of the maids.
Everyone in the room listens to the maid make her announcements.
When she goes "Jan ken po", on 'po', all participants put out rock, paper or scissors.

In order to go to the next round, you have to beat the maid.
Tying or losing gets you knocked out.

Eventually you will have very few people remaining.
Keep going until there is one winner.
If everyone loses, repeat.
If everyone ties, repeat.
If one person ties and the other one person loses, the person who tied wins.
I have the following:

Card decks

Tic tac toe with frogs and lily pads.Tongue

Guess Who?

Candy Land

Bingo
Oh!
Just thought of one.
You could use a Go board to play 5-in-a-row tic-tac-toe :3
(09-03-2009, 04:30 PM)chrono Wrote: Oh!
Just thought of one.
You could use a Go board to play 5-in-a-row tic-tac-toe :3

You mean Gomoku? Okay, maybe we could offer it as an option. Basically, I'd like to make a list of games that we have available and the the customer picks a game to play with the maid during their time together. we certainly don't have time for a game of Go but but Gomoku would be okay for a 15-20 minute time period.
(09-03-2009, 03:43 PM)Phoenix Wrote: I have the following:

Card decks

Tic tac toe with frogs and lily pads.Tongue

Guess Who?

Candy Land

Bingo

Okay, the cards, tic-tac-toe and Guess Who sounds good. I like the idea of Bingo but I'd want it to be a group thing. I'm still waiting to hear from others what group events we should do.
"I cosplay, for the same reason I write... my muse will not let me sleep if I don't"
Updated first post.

Maids: 11 days until party. Please plan accordingly if you are making your outfit.