Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNYCosplay Karaoke Party 9/19/09
Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that we will be having another karaoke party.

Date: September 19

Time: 5pm - 10 or 11pm

Location: Latham Community Baptist Church, 109 Forts Ferry Road, Latham NY (The same location as the other party.)

Events: Karaoke, video games, MAID CAFE!

Food: Pot luck items. Dessert provided by the Maid Cafe. If you are bringing an item for pot luck, please post here and I will add it to a list I will start in this post. Pot luck items should be dinner foods, snack items or drinks. NO DESSERTS PLEASE.

Karaoke and video games will be free.

The Maid Cafe is going to run tentatively from 6:30 - 8:30. The cost will be $3. If you want an extra desert it will be an extra $1. The service includes activities with the maids, one dessert item and drinks. Maid service will run about 15-20 minutes.

If you would like to volunteer to be a maid or a butler for the cafe, please post on the volunteer thread. There will be a meeting for all volunteers before the party so myself and Amber can go over the menu, etiquette, how to serve the food, etc. Please keep in mind that if you volunteer, we are expecting you to follow through. If you think you might not be able to attend, please don't volunteer.

Please watch this thread for more info!

Potluck:

Stacy- Macaroni and cheese

DJ- Yakisoba bread

Jen- Hot dogs;pizza
What video games do people play and what systems. Also do you guys do board games?
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Board games, table top or card games are ok to bring if you want. Any kind of multi-player video game is fine.

Do we have any volunteers for a few TVs and game systems?
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
(08-26-2009, 04:16 PM)Phoenix Wrote: Board games, table top or card games are ok to bring if you want. Any kind of multi-player video game is fine.

Do we have any volunteers for a few TVs and game systems?

I have 5.9 million tv's , let me check with my dad..........We do it's a small one though. Is that fine?
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Is the meeting at the library in Troy and then everyone is driving to Latham or are both in Latham?

Also what are people doing for dinner?

I have a wii with some mario games that are multi player/ party games but I'm not sure if my husband will let me bring it since its technically his system.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Small TVs are fine.

Maid Cafe will be providing dessert. Menu yet to be decided. Dinner is potluck.

Meeting is at the church before the Karaoke party.
Forgive this for sounding awkwardly phrased, but what sort of attire is necessary for being a maid?
Does anyone have sheets done up for karaoke. I know at the picnic people just kind of winged it. I was curious if there was a book of songs to pick from etc?
~Akio
I don't really have anything useful to go by.
I have listings which are from 2003 (so I've stopped bringing them)
It's really a bring your own music/lyrics affair.
As I recall, the church doesn't have internet either, so we won't be able to download lyrics either.
(08-30-2009, 12:33 AM)Replica_Heart Wrote: Forgive this for sounding awkwardly phrased, but what sort of attire is necessary for being a maid?

Amber is handling most of this stuff and I will be posting more info when I can get it from her.
Updated first post.