Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troy Victorian Stroll December 6th
From 11-5, downtown Troy will be full of fun things to do, and people in period costumes! Will you be one of them? (Bear in mind it's typically REALLY COLD whenever they hold this event.) I plan to go and leave my wool coat on the whole time; maybe wear a fancy hat.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
As I recall, this is held in several houses around that private park between 2nd and 3rd St? There are some nice Brown Stones along there. And I remember a wine tasting event as well. I attended once, when I lived on 2nd :3
DASH IT ALL I'M GOING FINALLY AND NOTHING SHALL STOP ME....
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
I want to go ><

DJ and I were talking about this a few weeks ago.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
It's pretty much the whole downtown; most stores will have sales or at least decorations to celebrate, and a bunch have free snacks/cider/cookies and live music, etc. There's also a lot of art studios/galleries with stuff to look at, do, and/or eat. A lot like Troy Night Out or Albany's First Fridays, but during the day.
Oh wow -- I must have only captured a fraction of what was going on that night.
I was basically only checking out the houses around Washington Park.
You should at least stop by the outside of the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall - that's where the Newfoundland dogs usually are, pulling kids around in wagons. Like pony rides, but better! Also, roasted chestnut vendors.
I definitely want to go this year! I went a few years back, but never managed to make it since then. It was a great time!
http://www.victorianstroll.com/
The Stroll is this weekend; does anyone plan on attending?