Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troy Library Mini-con: DATE CHANGE
Update from Maria! The date for LibraryCon '10 has moved to October 23rd; I hope people can still make it. Some rooms are being used for tutoring until 3, so here's the proposed schedule:
3:30-4:30- Cosplay talk
4:30-5:30-Iron Cosplay
5:30-6:00- Judging of best cosplay costume
She's also added an origami table and is looking for volunteers to either sit and help with that kind of crafty stuff or just keep an eye on the video game equipment. Any interest? Please? Confusedweatdrop:
Oh, and any suggestions for Halloween episodes of stuff? We've got...Ouran High School Host Club so far.

Maria, who runs the weekly anime program at the Troy Public Library, is planning a mini-convention for October 23rd, starting sometime around 10 AM or noon, and running until 7 or 8 PM. She'd like to have Iron Cosplay, which I agreed to since it pretty much runs itself once I get the boxes there, and she'd also like to have some panels. I told her we could certainly do one on cosplay, and maybe one on "Convention-going 101" or something. It's aimed at people around high school age, I think, and they're going to cap attendees at 30 or so. There'll be video games, anime, snacks, etc. Would anyone like to attend to help run panels, or anything? Maybe judge a costume contest? Can anyone suggest more panels we should offer?
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
That would be a blast, and a great opportunity to do some community outreach. Iron Cosplay and panels would be a great idea...let's make this happen. Smile
Is this the library where we hold the meetings?
I can't think of any other panels to add, but I would love to help out with this! :3
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned

(08-26-2010, 01:17 PM)Faust Wrote: Is this the library where we hold the meetings?
Seems not, see Kathy's post below!
Also, I think just having a strong costume presence and holding a few panels will be great!
For space reasons, they're actually holding it at the Lansingburgh branch of the library, about 10 minutes drive north. It's an old schoolhouse, I think, with a bunch of little rooms on the second floor. It's on 114th Street, either between 3rd and 4th Ave, or else 4th and 5th. They just got a bunch of new anime boxsets there, too. Stop by and check it out if you get a chance!
There's going to be tutoring going on in one of the rooms, so we might not have a panel room the whole time. The big room's for video games, and one of the small corner rooms will be anime.
I could do a sewing panel, perhaps. Bring in some supplies and let them have at it.
(08-31-2010, 10:56 PM)Replica_Heart Wrote: I could do a sewing panel, perhaps. Bring in some supplies and let them have at it.

That would be fantastic. Smile
(09-01-2010, 08:19 AM)Shinobihime Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 10:56 PM)Replica_Heart Wrote: I could do a sewing panel, perhaps. Bring in some supplies and let them have at it.

That would be fantastic. Smile

The only thing is that I may have to be running the Jo-Ann Costume Social that day, so I might be in in the afternoon, like 5-ish.
Please note the new date! First post has more info.