Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cosplay Help Thread -- post one costume per thread
Please post one thread per costume.

If anyone would like to continue any conversation already being carried out in this thread, please either find another existing thread, or create a new one, if it doesn't already exist.

[edit:this is not true anymore]All cosplay troubles will go here in the hopes for assistance.[/edit]
Hi I am going to cosplay Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass, And I can't find a good wig for him. I've found some but they don't look quite right to me. Does anyone know where I can find a good wig, or one that I can style myself? If so what would I use to style it? Thanks:awesome::bunny:
I will change the world from within
Well for Suzaku I would suggest maybe going to Ebay and looking in this store http://stores.ebay.com/Professional-Only...QpZ2QQtZkm or just look around. If you were to style it , you would need to razor cut it. He has choppy short hair so using a razor (I have a proffesional one given to me by my dad's cousin) They can be found at Sally's beauty supply and can cost up to about 30$. Though most wigs will most likely be found in the style you need , especially since it's short. You can also check out Wow wigs (which I haven't used yet) , Cosworx , or Amphigory.
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Hey! 8D

So I'm planning a cosplay for Chiaro from Cantarella, and I'm looking for some patterns for a renaissance styled vest and a cloak.

I've already talked to Flipkat about the vest last meeting and she said she could bring in a vest pattern the next one.

But since my grandma is (hopefully, I haven't actually asked yet...) gonna help me make this, i need a pattern for the cloak too, since she's a patterns sewer =/

Anyone have a pattern or somewhere that I could find one? (preferably free)

And then i also need a lot of wigs, anyone know a place that sells good wigs for a reasonable price? Cosworx just doesn't have the ones I need, I'm looking for a short blond one a medium blond one and a short silver, at least for the moment :'D
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
Well, my cloak's just a big circle (oval, actually) and I found the pattern online, as well as one for the hood. I don't remember where I found it, though. Try the Society for Creative Anachronism, maybe?
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Quote:And then i also need a lot of wigs, anyone know a place that sells good wigs for a reasonable price? Cosworx just doesn't have the ones I need, I'm looking for a short blond one a medium blond one and a short silver, at least for the moment :'D

For "normal" wigs, I go to this place down on State Street in Schenectady called "US Hair and Beauty Supply" or something like that. They have a wide selection of wigs that people wear every day, so they have a bit more of a realistic look to them. They're also reasonably priced.
(05-13-2009, 01:27 AM)Replica_Heart Wrote: For "normal" wigs, I go to this place down on State Street in Schenectady called "US Hair and Beauty Supply" or something like that. They have a wide selection of wigs that people wear every day, so they have a bit more of a realistic look to them. They're also reasonably priced.

Thank you so much! =D Next time I'm in Schenectady I'll bug my parents to go there x3
(05-11-2009, 02:40 PM)Flipkat Wrote: Well, my cloak's just a big circle (oval, actually) and I found the pattern online, as well as one for the hood. I don't remember where I found it, though. Try the Society for Creative Anachronism, maybe?

Okay I'll make sure to check xD

And I've discovered i can make it to the meeting on the 30th, so can you bring the patterns?
If I forget to bring them, I can always go home and get them, or you can come over afterwards and pick them up.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
(05-13-2009, 08:05 PM)Maxxie Wrote: Thank you so much! =D Next time I'm in Schenectady I'll bug my parents to go there x3

If you don't already own one, you should buy a wave cap from them, too. If you have one, they'll let you try on the wigs. They're like wig-caps, but I find that they're stronger, better if you have long or thick hair.
(05-14-2009, 12:29 PM)Flipkat Wrote: If I forget to bring them, I can always go home and get them, or you can come over afterwards and pick them up.

well, I'm getting a ride from my friend, so I can't really choose where I go after :|
(05-14-2009, 09:13 PM)Replica_Heart Wrote: If you don't already own one, you should buy a wave cap from them, too. If you have one, they'll let you try on the wigs. They're like wig-caps, but I find that they're stronger, better if you have long or thick hair.

I need one to try on wigs there? Cause if not, I really wouldn't need to bother, I have very short hair xD