Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cosplay Help Thread -- post one costume per thread
For the picnic, I'm making a Medicine Seller (Kusuriuri) cosplay, from Mononoke/Ayakashi. I have everything worked out except for his Taima sword - I have no idea where to start with that. Huh

http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attac...uriuri.jpg
http://www.geocities.jp/skuretake/france...usuri8.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas? :undecided:
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned

That is a beautiful costume! For the sword, I would recommend a basic sword out of wood (or purchasing one) and making the details out of craft materials. Crayola Model Magic is a great, easy to use for building up details and it air dries. Sculpey is good too, but it needs to be baked. Maybe you can check an Asian gift store for an Oni head like the one of the sword to cut down on work.

Hope that helped!
(07-20-2009, 12:48 AM)Shinobihime Wrote: That is a beautiful costume! For the sword, I would recommend a basic sword out of wood (or purchasing one) and making the details out of craft materials. Crayola Model Magic is a great, easy to use for building up details and it air dries. Sculpey is good too, but it needs to be baked. Maybe you can check an Asian gift store for an Oni head like the one of the sword to cut down on work.

Hope that helped!

Thanks! I'm having alot of help on it, though. ^^; My cousin sewed the kimono, I'm mainly just doing all of the painting details and patterns.

And thank you, this does help!
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned

omg I died from joy , cause no one has like watched this and I love this show to pieces.

I would recommend what Shinobihime said.
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
I was taught to sew with patterns, so I can give any help you need as long as you have access to a scanner or a digital camera to provide photos to what you're unsure of.

I would suggest seeing if you can maybe find a book at Borders or Barnes and Noble about sewing. It will explain what to do and I'm sure they have pictures. It can help out as well.

If you have anything specific right now to ask, go ahead and post, and I'll see if I can be of any help. Smile

Also, you need to start a new thread in this forum as this is someone elses thread and unrelated.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
(02-02-2009, 03:01 PM)Shinobihime Wrote: All cosplay troubles will go here in the hopes for assistance.

Actually, this seems to be -everyone's- thread... We can change that, as we see fit, but we'd need to modify the first post, and lock the thread. Personally, I think it makes sense to have one thread per costume.
I thought that it was modified to have it one thread per costume when the site first went online. My fault. It does make much more sense to have it that way.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
OK -- Let's do it!
I will lock this thread, and modify the first post.

If anyone would like to continue any conversation already being carried out in this thread, please either find another existing thread, or create a new one, if it doesn't already exist.