Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BJD Thread!
Since we've had more people join the forums, I'm curious who else has dolls or are into the hobby! I know I saw a few new ones at the picnic.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I'm selling two of my dolls on DoA. If you have an account there you can check out the sales thread here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showth...67&page=20

Please contact me off the board via a PM if you might be interested and want to see the dolls in person. (I know most of us are local ^_~) Or, if you want photos I'll e-mail them.

The dolls are a Notdoll Miriam "I am so fine" (no cuts) and a WS Notdoll Lucy.

The Miriam comes with two wigs, two outfits, eyes, factory face up, two re-ments, her certificate and original box. Asking $320.

The Lucy comes with one wig, one outfit, shoes, eyes, factory face up "C", two re-ments, a stuffed rabbit, her certificate and original box. Asking $180.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Haha I just found this thread!

I just got my second doll not long ago, so now my official doll family consists of a Bobobie Apollo and a Soom Beyla! ^^

I'm actually looking into another body for my Apollo, he's just so hard to pose :\ Can anyone tell me some good matches for BBB'a normal skin?
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
Have you tried re-stringing him? When I got my Bobobie Mei I restrung him with new elastic. It REALLY works wonders with posing and such. I got my elastic from Coot Cat's Wholesale BJD shop online. It's really cheap too. You can find it at alot of online bjd stores and companies. Bobobie's elastic is very flimsy and sometimes they don't knot the top (like poor Emma's doll whose leg collapsed and went rolling across our floor!) so it's best to tighten the stringing or re-string all together. If you need help, I can help you do this. I've restrung 3 of Emma's Bobobie's and my own, so I have the knowledge and tools if you need them. ^_^

However if that doesn't work to your liking, I'd go on DOA, they do have databases and helpful threads with body comparisons and matching.
(11-28-2009, 01:56 PM)Maxxie Wrote: I'm actually looking into another body for my Apollo, he's just so hard to pose :\ Can anyone tell me some good matches for BBB's normal skin?

I own a BBB for my Lati doll head, and i know exactly what you're talking about. I've restrung mine and am still having problems with it not sitting correctly, hard to pose...etc. I also don't like the ascetics of the body. That's why he has two other companies for hands and feet.

You should probably swap it out for a resinsoul body. They have the same exact colors as BBB, because the two companies are associated with each other. Also, they are going to be the least expensive choice. I'm probably going to swap bodies when I have the money to. http://www.resinsoul.com/05-chanpin/p-00...tyleid=321

DoA has been down, but here are some color matching charts that I got off the site last year.

A-I
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0...tTVE&hl=en

J-Z
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0...tZWc&hl=en
I just got my first doll recently~

He's a light tanned Resinsoul An and he's so adorable, though I'm having issues with the body and plan to buy a bobobie one to replace the RS one.
OBJECTION!
Like I suggested to Maxxie, try re-stringing him first with better elastic. Resinsoul and Bobobie are essencially the same company and use pretty similar materials. Plus if you try to get another light tanned body, the colors may not match. I have a light tanned Bobobie Mei and I wanted to get different hands, but they told me the resin color may not match. ALso, that way you don't spend more money than you have to.
If anyone wants help re-stringing I can do that. ^_^
Like Nikki said, for colored resin, it will most likely not match. Each batch can have slightly different color to it, making it almost impossible to change out bodies. I also DO NOT recommend buying a BBB body if you already have a Resinsoul one. RS has much better bodies. You might be having the same issue that I'm having with it so tightly strung my girls arms and legs keep popping their joints, thus she curls up in ball. I own a BBB 60cm body and I'm having MORE problems with that then the RS. I was very happy about the new RS body I got for my Sprite as they fixed the belly joint issue on it. It also looks better.

I suggest restringing and also wiring the body. Hot glue suedeing or regular suedeing will also help.

Restringing isn't that hard, it just can be difficult to get the ends knotted. Most dolls have two pieces of elastic inside the doll. One that is through both legs, then up through the torso to tie above the neck, then another through the arms then ties above the neck. Certain companies like Fairyland and CP, have special neck pieces and will string slightly differently.

Wiring a doll is not hard and allows for much better posing of the body. You will need wire that has a plastic coating on it, so that it doesn't scratch the doll. I recommend any color other than red or black as it might stain the resin. If you can find a white, that would be best. 14 gauge looks the most popular.

You simply slip the chunk of wire into the joint of the arm or leg like so (I got these photos off DoA):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/o...bendy5.jpg

So it looks like this in the joint:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/o...bendy6.jpg

As for hot glue suedeing, that is cheaper than regular suedeing and quicker. Regular suedeing requires actual suede to be purchased to line the joints of your dolls. The purpose of this is, to keep the joints from wearing down and to create more resistance to the joint so that it will keep it's pose better. For hot glue, you DO NOT use a high temp gun. This will burn/melt the resin on the doll. ONLY USE LOW TEMP. You spread a thin layer of glue on the inside of the joint. There is a tutorial here on DoA: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showth...p?t=222920

Please let me or Nikki know if you would like help! ^_^
Binah and Pheonix thank you both for your help! ^^

I haven't totally re-strung him cause if I was I'd get new sting, which I don't have, but I have played with tightening him and such, and I've just decided that I really don't like the body :\ I got him secondhand too, so the stringing was messed with and I don't think the previous owner really knew what they were doing ^^;;;

Like Phoeniz was saying about her, it sits ver awkwardly and just the way the joints are he's very hard to pose. I think part of the problem is that I have an old BBB body, he don't even have s hooks anywhere but his head!

And I was thinking about RS, I know them and BBB match perfectly, I'm just trying to figure out my options and see what body I like best xD (and is a reasonable price :'D)
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
I have the old BBB body too. I bought my own S hooks and put them in. I actually don't mind that body cause he can pose nice. But it's all up to the owners' tastes. No prob tho! Anytime!