Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sushi rolling party
I also thought of something else. Going out to Sushi Tei is still a must at some point but it might be really fun to have a sushi rolling party where everyone makes their own rolls.

I've made it 3 or 4 times at home and it wasn't store qaulity but it tasted good. I've never made mine with raw tuna or salmon though because I'm not sure what I buy up here is fresh enough for that.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Making sushi is always fun :3
I've bought raw salmon/tuna from Price Chopper several times with no problem.
Has anyone ever had a sushi making party? We could even make it a onigiri/ sushi party.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
I've hung out with friends and made sushi before... Whether to call that a party or not *shrugs*
My parents also hold a sushi party every year, and I help with that, so I guess you could consider that LOL
i've also made sushi!!!
i made it with raw fish, too!(i don't really remember what fish, but it did happen)

i made it for at least 2-3 hours at one point!
it gets very sticky, and you would have to have a very large kitchen....i never holded a shushi party, though.....

what type of rice do you use for your onigiri?
i've been useing plain large grain rice, but when i make sushi i use small grain vinegar rice?
:frog:
I use the same rice for sushi as for onigiri, I just omit the sugar and vinegar. If you read up on it most places recomend a short grain rice like sushi rice because it will cohere better and hold its shape.
~Akio