Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sushi Tei -- 9/26/09, 6:30pm
(09-27-2009, 09:01 PM)EndofWorld Wrote: No worries ^_^ sushi isn't for everyone
No, it wasn't just the sushi I had, I'm just picky, that's all. XD
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I had a great time, thanks everyone! It was fun chatting about everything.
Haha! Yes, it's called Croquette, or in Japanese, Korokke. And it's not on the menu, because it's not a standard menu item! Back when they opened, I specially requested and shortly after they started offering it! Sushi Tei is just awesome like that Smile Yeah, no problem on the photos -- I'll post those soon.

Nikki, what disagreed with you? Another thing to try off the "ura-menu" is curry -- I've had no problem ordering that, even though it's not on the menu. Also, at lunch they have different lunch specials, which generally change every 1-2 months.

But yes, it was a great time -- Thank you for organizing it!
(09-28-2009, 08:51 AM)chrono Wrote: Haha! Yes, it's called Croquette, or in Japanese, Korokke. And it's not on the menu, because it's not a standard menu item!

I've had rice croquettes before. The italians like them. I didn't know they had a form of croquette in Japanese cuisine. Also wasn't sure what the Japanese word was for them.

What was the salad that you ordered with all the avocado on top?? Was it the lobster salad off of the menu. I'm just curious because I almost ordered that and then didn't. Wasn't sure if it was the same thing...
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Oh, I wasn't aware they had a lobster salad Big Grin
I ordered a basic avocado salad :3
The crab crunch salad is also quite yummy!
9. Lobster Salad 7.75
A combination of layered lobster, avocado and sushi rice with wasabi, olive oil and lemon soy sauce
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
(09-28-2009, 08:51 AM)chrono Wrote: Nikki, what disagreed with you? Another thing to try off the "ura-menu" is curry -- I've had no problem ordering that, even though it's not on the menu. Also, at lunch they have different lunch specials, which generally change every 1-2 months.

I'll prolly get yelled at for this, but I didn't like any of the food in general. Everything I ordered at Sushi-Tei is what I get at Okinawa and I just didn't like the look or taste of the food from Sushi-Tei. But I had fun with everyone, so that's ok. ^_^;
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Yeah, everything DJ had looked fabulous....
Nikki, you are totally entitled to your opinion.
I've been to Okinawa once, and I really didn't care for it, so I guess it goes both ways Big Grin
Since you seem to speak highly of there, I definitely want to try it again -- It's been a few years :3

I thank you guys for helping me out with the crab/oyster korokke -- She has a habit of bringing out a batch of those when I come for dinner XD
<sarcasm> Oh, darn I guess this means we're going to have to keep having Japanese food until we find a place we all like....</sarcasm>