Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sushi Tei -- 9/26/09, 6:30pm
Wow, that's an awesome article -- Thanks for linking!

And yes! The 2nd picture featured is the oroshikatsu I was excited about!
Basically grated daikon on your standard tonkatsu.
And I was happy when they introduced the sesame seeds in the mortar and pistol.
Something I'd never seen before, but certainly authentic (well, I'm pretty sure LOL)
Here's an article that mentions a sushi place in Lenox, MA I want to go to sometime...

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200906/sushi
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Well that sounds neat! Jen and I love Japanese food. Currently Okinawa in Wynantskill is our fav place. Maybe we'll give this place a shot.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I certainly would love to go. Do they have a salmon sushi that is similar to a Red Dragon or something? I think the Red Dragon was spicy salmon or tuna or something like that and I remember mayo...I had it at East Japanese Restaurant in Palisades Center. Apparently it's closed, or I would go there this weekend.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Okinawa... I was actually turned off by them, but I've only been one time, and that was a while ago. I'd try them again.

Stacy: I don't remember exactly how they make the rolls, but if you know how to make it, I'm sure they can.
Oh, so it's a little past Crossgates. Sure, let's plan for this...maybe if we can't get a good September date, then right after the October meeting instead?
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Well I'm hoping sooner than later so I don't have to settle for Hannaford sushi -__- I almost bought some yesterday and today when picking up forgotten items at the grocers. I'm hoping we can get a few more people who want to go.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Did anyone think of a date they would like to go to Sushi Tei?

Also, has anyone been to Yoshi Sushi in Latham? I read mixed reviews...
~Akio
As I said before, this is your event.
Why don't you pick one, and I'll tell you if I can make it? Big Grin
And then anyone else can come LOL

As much as it's nice to have a Japanese restaurant with actual Japanese chefs/waitresses, and as much as my some of my Japanese acquaintances prefer Yoshizushi over Sushi Tei, I personlly don't like it that much. Possibly just a bad experience I had, but I will not dwell. The food itself is fine.
Does 9/26 work for people. This is the saturday after the September meet.

Or we could go for lunch before the September meet. I know Karaoke is after the meet so maybe before. The meet doesn't start till 3pm.
~Akio