Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sushi Tei -- 9/26/09, 6:30pm
(08-17-2009, 11:22 AM)EndofWorld Wrote: As of right now I think the only dates I'm not free are 9/12-14. Going in the next couple of weeks might be something to look forward to. Like I said I'm flexable other than I work durring the day. I do have vaca and sick days if someone wanted to do a day thing and couldn't do a weekend. I just need to know in advance so I can put in for the vaca

Is the 14th a holday? I'm having trouble remembering :3
I'm free 9/12 and 9/13, at least.
I guess we should get more input from people!
9/5-7 Labor Day Weekend
9/12 Commited to something at my husbands club
9/14 My two year anv. of marriage

What about the last weekend in August 8/29-30? Its before the labor day weekend and not this weekend so it would give more time. Plus I get paid on the 28th. Might be broke tho because the rent is due. =( Oh the joys of adult hood.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
So it sounds like you'll be available on 9/13?
Why not that day?
Its the weekend before my 2 year and I'm not sure if my husband will have "surprise" plans for the weekend since we both work weekdays. I will try to find out more otherwise the club meets the following weekend if you wanted to do it after the meeting? 9/19
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Oh wow, I'm sorry -- I totally missed the 'not' when you were describing when you aren't free!
So far the karaoke party is planned for after that 9/19 meeting... Any other dates in mind? :o
Idk. I wonder what other people have in mind if any one else even wants to go. I'm a total forum whore (bored at work) so I've been on here all day. Forums arent' too busy tho. Maybe if we wait a couple of days more peeps will comment.

I was thinking the last weekend in August but idk if that's too soon
~Akio
Is Sushi Tei a special resturaunt or something? I've never heard of it and where is it?
The last weekend in August that sun is the Japanese Festival, maybe that sat if you're doing it then? I may be interested... depending on a few factors... Is it expensive?
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Check out the website if you have time.

http://www.sushiteialbany.com/

They have their menu online and it lists prices. There is nothing special about it but it has gotten good reviews on a couple of Albany food sites that review local restaurants. Its located on Western Ave in Albany.
~Akio
Regarding the last weekend in August -- Did you want to wait a bit longer so you could save up money?
I figure if you're the one heading up the event, you should be able to enjoy it!

Nikki:
Sushi Tei is only the ungodliest (yeah, that's not a word LOL) sushi place in the area!
My Japanese co-workers go there daily -- Generally on a weekday, you'll see at least 50% Japanese people in there.
In fact, you can see one of my co-workers on the main pic on their website!!
Pretty much, if it's Japanese, and it's not on the menu -- Request it.
It seems so many things have been added that way, starting with early on with the Croquette.
And most recently with Okonomiyaki!
Further, it's run by a Chinese couple who speak English/Chinese/Japanese.
And they just brought on a Japanese waitress recently.

*takes a deep breath*

As for getting there, it's a rather simple drive:
1) 90W from 787
2) Take exit 1S (last exit before toll) heading to Western/20
3) At the end of the long exit ramp, take a right onto Western/20
4) Sushi Tei will be on the left after a PC plaza. (across from a Bank of America, and before a Greek restaurant)

If you've ever been to San Bada / Yokohama; Sushi Tei took the same spot when Yokohama went out of business.
I've been dieing to go ever since I read this article:
http://celinabean.com/2008/08/authentic-...erland-ny/
~Akio