Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe Exchange
I thought it would be fun to share recipes here.

Sukiyaki

3 tbsp Mirin or Rice wine
5 tbsp Sugar (If using mirin, skip the sugar, unless you like it sweet.)
3/4 cup Warm Water
1/3 cup Soy sauce
Chinese cabbage
Very thin rice noodles/soba/udon/shirataki noodles or whatever you like
Spinach
Tofu
Paper thin sliced beef that is nicely marbled with fat. (The butcher at the super market can slice it very thin for you if you ask. Price Chopper also sells it pre-packaged.)
Baby corn
Shitake mushrooms
Enoki mushrooms
Green onion

Whatever else sounds good to put in it.

Optional: Raw beaten eggs for dipping.

This is usually made at the table in a hot pot. Electric skillets work really good.

Preparation:
Cut all ingredients into bite-sized pieces. Dissolve the sugar in the warm water then mix with the soy sauce and sake. Heat the electric skillet up at around 300 degrees with a small amount of oil in it. Cook some beef slices, then pour some of the sauce in the pan. (Be careful with the heat at this point or the beef will stick to the pan. Lower the heat if it does.) Add other ingredients when the sauce starts to boil. Simmer until all ingredients are softened. If you want, dip the cooked ingredients into the raw eggs and begin to eat. As the liquid boils away, add more sukiyaki sauce.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
This is a good idea!
I'll have to share the few recipes I know :3
This one I know by heart:

Rice Krispy Treat Onigiri

1 10 oz package marshmallows
2 Tbs butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal

Melt the butter and marshmallows in a big microwavable bowl, stirring every 30 seconds or so. It should take 1-2 minutes. Then, dump in the cereal and mix until coated. While it's still warm, wet your hands and shape handfulls of the mixture into triangular onigiri shapes. For fake umeboshi, add round candies, such as malted milk balls, chocolate kisses, or peanut butter cups. For fake nori, heat pieces of Hershey bar on small bits of wax paper for 10-20 seconds in the microwave. Press these to the bottom of your onigiri and refrigerate.

Melon bread recipe will be posted later!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Spicy yakiudon: http://www.unycosplay.com/thread-151.html