Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otakon rooms signup
We'll probably be traveling and rooming as a group again this year, and I've had the best luck arranging rooms through my old college buddy, James Kao. If people are interested in getting rooms this way, please PM me with your name and email, and I'll forward them to James. (I'd rather not put his email on here, to avoid spam.)
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
(02-25-2009, 09:24 AM)Flipkat Wrote: We'll probably be traveling and rooming as a group again this year, and I've had the best luck arranging rooms through my old college buddy, James Kao. If people are interested in getting rooms this way, please post your name and email here, and I'll forward them to James. (I'd rather not put his email on here, to avoid spam.)

Kathy!!! You can count me and Jen in!!! For both the rooming and the car ride!! Ack! I'm so excited! I was waiting to hear about this!

[edit: emails pm'd to kathy. -dj)
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
(02-25-2009, 09:24 AM)Flipkat Wrote: If people are interested in getting rooms this way, please post your name and email here, and I'll forward them to James. (I'd rather not put his email on here, to avoid spam.)

I'd point out that asking people to post their emails here has the same issue. I would have them PM you instead.
Still trying to figure out what's going on, my friend from Canada , Jungmoo and some other people might want to room with me so I need to see what's going to happen.

I did like saving 70$ last year though!
Also unsure about the ride situation, I don't know what I'm bringing cosplay wise and I'm worried it may become a nuisance in Kathy's car. So I'm trying to find out rides too.
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Yeah, good point. I'll fix it.
If there's more people needing rides than normal, we could rent a van. Extra room for bags too!
(02-26-2009, 04:15 PM)Flipkat Wrote: Yeah, good point. I'll fix it.
If there's more people needing rides than normal, we could rent a van. Extra room for bags too!

If you do decide to rent a van, make sure you reserve it EARLY! The earlier, the cheaper. Also, if one of the people in your group is 25+, that will make the rental even less. I rented a van last year. unforutnately, Tim won't be coming, so it'll be just me going this year.
(02-26-2009, 04:15 PM)Flipkat Wrote: Yeah, good point. I'll fix it.

Yeah we could, I just don't know what going on now that I'm making Anthy and May also make Euphemia the only skanky outfit I'll be bringing is Yoko and she has a Giant gun D: .

Also I'm not sure If I want to pay the extra money, we'll have to see though :3
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Y'all can have my name and e-mail, I don't care about spam from this forum. I'm trying to shop around for Ota rooms so...
Martha B.
mayrlynray@aol.com

looking for a room for me and John C.
We'll probably have costumes too, but generally ours are less bulky
Planned cons: Otakon
Planned costumes for 2009:
Anna Kyoyama (Death of Yoh Version) - Shaman King - 90%
Penelo - Final Fantasy XII - Planned
Haruka/May - Pokemon - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
Okay, so is that two people needing rooms, or one?
hrmm keep me on the list for the rooms , If something does come up with the other people I can always pull out. I would much rather have a room instead of being S.O.L