Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otakon rooms signup
Four questions arose in my mind. Even if we were to fill it, wouldn't we lack space still? How far in advance would we need to give to cancel it? I am just concerned we won't fill it and be stuck with a large bill. Also is that amount for the whole Otakon trip? Would it be a gas guzzler or decent?
Sorry. ^^;

(03-05-2009, 01:20 PM)Flipkat Wrote: I figured I might as well reserve it, because it's no loss as long as we cancel in advance, and this way we can have it if we want it after all.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I thought we could leave a seat or two empty on purpose to fit in more stuff. As long as we cancel at least two days in advance, I don't pay anything. I figure by mid-July, we'll have a pretty good idea of who's going with who. The $215 is for Thursday-Sunday - this turned out to be the cheapest since most places would charge extra for trips over 600 miles in 4 days. Supposedly it gets 17-23 mpg, which is not too bad, considering that the SUVs that seat seven get about 12 mpg!

My other consideration here is that my car is getting up there in miles, and hauling a lot of weight is a strain on the engine (not to mention the passengers with bags on top of their feet). If we do take my car, I'm considering instituting a "squishable bags only" rule for luggage, to save trunk space. Obviously, not applicable to anything that must go flat on top!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Gas millage on a van is pretty good , I've had vans in my family for like ever XD. Driving wise I might have a dilemma , I think I'm going to do Code Geass for Otakon and who knows what else. Euphemia is going to be another Rozalin aka she is going to be rather large. I know I will be bringing Yoko and Talho but Euphemia will be the biggest. I just don't want to be a nuisance D: , I'm not worrying about as much right now since it's only march but just a heads up.

btw if you would like to know what costume I speak of : [Image: SuzakuEuphemiaCCLelouch-1.jpg]
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
That is a beautiful dress. I can't wait to see it when it's done! XD
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
(03-05-2009, 09:26 PM)Phoenix Wrote: That is a beautiful dress. I can't wait to see it when it's done! XD

Hohohoho Thank you ~ , I cannot wait until I make it 9 . 9~
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
The space thing I understand and about your car. It's just with the cost of the hotel and everything, I'm just worried about the overall cost of the van. Well we still have months.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Oh, floofy Euphie.

Sorry.

Anyway, I've emailed James as well...I'm going to likely need around 5 spaces though, but I still need to see who is and isn't coming. Me, Alex, Genna, and Tyler are likely in, and Tyler might be bringing his friend Jon.
(02-27-2009, 10:37 AM)Flipkat Wrote: Okay, so is that two people needing rooms, or one?

Two. We're a packaged deal, no matter who's room we end up in XD
Planned cons: Otakon
Planned costumes for 2009:
Anna Kyoyama (Death of Yoh Version) - Shaman King - 90%
Penelo - Final Fantasy XII - Planned
Haruka/May - Pokemon - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
Kathy : I'm going to be signing up my friend Gregory Harris, He will also be riding with us to Otakon. In the magical van of doom!
Since we seem to be talking about rides here too, I'll kind of organize my ride here too.
(--updated 6/16--)
Yes: D.J., Goki(Sakura), Sam
Maybe: NYC guy, Martha, John