Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otakon rooms signup
Kathy, let us know if you will be renting a van. It might be nice, and not have another episode like last yr. XD Plus if there's a good amount of us, it'll be cheaper for all! I'm all signed up on the mailing list for a room too! ^_^ I'm excited already!
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
So, it looks like the cheapest van rental would be ~$215 for a minivan for the whole trip (max seven people). Is this worth it? Would we want to fill it, or leave empty seats? For five people, it'd be about an extra $40 in addition to gas and tolls; for seven, an extra $30.
(I went ahead and reserved it anyway. We have to cancel at least 48 hours before July 23rd at noon if we don't want it.)
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Hmmm... Y'know I dunno if it is. I know me and Jen are definitly riding with you. That leaves 2 seats left. Maybe Nick and Emma will need rides with us? Alyssa is still in the air. I can't think of anyone else who'd need a ride with us. And it's really hard to say momentarily. Especially since we don't wanna book it now and then have no one else ride and then we're stuck with a big bill. On the other hand, we don't wanna not book it incase more people need rides? At the moment, I'd say no, thinking of who in our group is going/needs rides.
But you know what, whatever you feel is best Kathy. ^_^ I trust your judgment.

(03-02-2009, 01:26 PM)Flipkat Wrote: So, it looks like the cheapest van rental would be ~$215 for a minivan for the whole trip (max seven people). Is this worth it? Would we want to fill it, or leave empty seats?
Hmm I'm really unsure about renting vans and such , I'm really unsure on what I'll be bringing and how much money I will have or want to spend on just getting to the con.

But we shall see what happens , I'm looking for the cheapest way to get there and comfiest. Oh and also from what I know Josh is also going to Otakon :3 !
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
Josh, Schuyler, and the rest of them are going separate. They've already told me they're doing their own thing.

(03-03-2009, 05:10 AM)Tohmasuke Wrote: Hmm I'm really unsure about renting vans and such , I'm really unsure on what I'll be bringing and how much money I will have or want to spend on just getting to the con.

But we shall see what happens , I'm looking for the cheapest way to get there and comfiest. Oh and also from what I know Josh is also going to Otakon :3 !
(03-03-2009, 08:37 AM)Binah Wrote: Josh, Schuyler, and the rest of them are going separate. They've already told me they're doing their own thing.

ahhh I see , Maybe if it's just them they might let me ride along , seeing as they may have more room = w =?
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
You can ask them, but Schyuler said hes getting his own room b/c they're gonna have TONS of stuff apparently for their artist table.
(03-04-2009, 10:11 AM)Binah Wrote: You can ask them, but Schyuler said hes getting his own room b/c they're gonna have TONS of stuff apparently for their artist table.

PFFFTTT sldkaj well ok , well if we do rent a van I hope I can afford it ,I should be able too.. = ^ = if not then ....hurp....durp...well...I'll figure it all out .
Well for Jen's input, she feels a van is not necessary. But again its up to kathy.
I figured I might as well reserve it, because it's no loss as long as we cancel in advance, and this way we can have it if we want it after all.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]