Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maid Event at Genericon
Hello all!:bunny:

I realize that we have been trying to have a maid event for a while now but to no avail.Dodgy However, that may change.Idea Not only is Bad Con interested in hosting a Maid Cafe, Genericon is open to having a Maid related event as well. Since we are starting out, I would like to keep this small.

What I am looking to do is something along these lines: For one day of Genericon (let's say Saturday) maids holding signs the that read "Game with a Maid: $1 per game" will walk around at different intervals of the day (say once every 3 hours) offering to play games with Con-goers. You will play a quick game with them on the spot. If the maid wins, you will offer them a small prize for playing. If the con-goers wins, they they draw a number and redeem it for a prize at the maid operations base.Heart

I am looking for a few volunteers who would be interested in either playing games with con goers or watching the Maid Base of operations. If you are interested, please email me at Please have "Genericon Maid Event" in your subject heading so that I know it isn't spam. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you and let's work togehter to make this happen!:awesome:
"I cosplay, for the same reason I write... my muse will not let me sleep if I don't"
"Must not think of maid stereotypes. Must not think of maid stereotypes. "
Not like we couldn't fund the whole thing through the club! Seriously, cheap trinket prizes would be like 4/$1. We could give everybody a pocketful for $20. Even the "guaranteed prize" Iron cosplay event has trouble getting participants, so I don't think we'd be going broke handing out hundreds of items.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]

Okay, this is the reply I got from the cosplay coordinator.

This seems like a good idea to me. Not entirely sure who could best help with this so I'll forward this to a few other staff members and see what they think. The only thing I could see being a problem is space in the halls, but I'd like to see this happen. I'll let you know when I know more.

Peter Casey
Cosplay Coordinator
Genericon XXIV

It seems that there is interest in the GeneriCon staff of making this happen. I would like to remind everyone that this is a serious thread, looking for people with genuine interest in participating. A basic maid outfit is simple enough to make. A simple black dress with an apron will do in a pinch if one didn't have the time for anything more elaborate. Also, Flipcat is correct, small prizes are cheap and easy to come by. As for games, I actually have a lot of games leftover from our first attempt at a maid cafe from a few years ago so don't think that this isn't do-able because it is.
"I cosplay, for the same reason I write... my muse will not let me sleep if I don't"
Amber: You may want to summarize the email from Peter (instead of quote), in case he stops by.
I would like to help, but i never have been to Genericon before an i'm sure my boyfriend wouldnt want to help in it since he's not very talkative with other people ( i wish! He could wear his zero outfit and help out and I could wear my yuki cross Big Grin ) Idk yet. you know my number just txt me to keep me updated. i'll see what i can do to at least help you out Smile I just hope next time you do a maid cafe i'll have my misaki maid outfit from maid sama!
You know I'm there. Just let me know if it's happening.
I totally finished my apron and it is all kinds of steampunk awesome! (Translation: I put some gears on it. ConfusedweatdropSmile What day are we doing this, Saturday?
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
I haven't heard any updates from Amber lately, so I wonder if it's still happening?
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Slightly off-topic; but how about BadCon? Are we going to give it a try then?