Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitties need home area-wide
The Mohawk-Hudson Humane Society has deeply discounted feline adoption costs, due to high levels of cats and kittens that need homes.
A reason for the spike is that people are turning in their pets, believing they can no longer afford them.

http://troyrecord.com/articles/2009/07/2...666860.txt
I think my fosters may still be available!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
OH GOD!!!! I WISH I COULD TAKE PEACHES!!!! T_______T But Jen said no....
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Who's Peaches? :o
He was one of the sweeties that Kathy was fostering for a while. *sniff* I hope he gets a good home...
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
My mom said their picture was in the Times Union! Anyhow, she thought it was them. There was an article about the discount, and there's also a sort of family festival there this weekend.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
OH GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE FOUR CATS ALREADY!!!
:frog:
I love kitties... well animals in general but my dog will eat anything small and furry that runs. Thus I don't have a bunny =( so cute and fluffy with their twitchy nose, but I digress.

(Begin Rant)
What I was going to say was I'm not surprised by the price discount or people using the economy as an excuse to turn in pets they don't want to spend time with or take care of anymore. I know the economy isn't great but unless you have a pet with a sickness or problem, pet costs are not that high. People are so lame to take an animal in and then give it away about the time it thinks that its found a home and going to be loved. Thus my number one pet peeve... mall pet stores!!! seriously, seriously 300$ for a dog or cat or 1K in some cases. Get real people! but people go in there and buy them every day. Makes me sick! RAWR >:O

(End Rant)
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
(08-18-2009, 08:57 PM)EndofWorld Wrote: Thus my number one --pet-- peeve... mall pet stores!!!

Is that a pun?
I almost never plan puns although I do love sarcasm and wit.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio