Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genericon XXIII -- February 12-14, 2010
Though the schedule hasn't been posted yet, the Cosplay Competition has been confirmed for Saturday from 12-3. Smile
The schedule has been posted!
http://www.facebook.com/l/eb974;generico...onbook.pdf
Only a few days left to the con! I'm so excited about participating in my first ever skit and cosplay chess. Also very excited about the BSAA training! What is everyone else looking forward to?
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Swap meet, so I can finally dump some of those bins of stuff!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
(02-09-2010, 12:06 AM)Phoenix Wrote: Only a few days left to the con! I'm so excited about participating in my first ever skit and cosplay chess. Also very excited about the BSAA training! What is everyone else looking forward to?

I am like, stupid-excited about the cosplay chess event. I really hope everyone has a good time!
SWAP MEET. I have so much to get rid of again! I may give stuff away for free by the end of it. XD Oh yea!And the masq!
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I have some questions about the cosplay competition...

what are the qualifications to enter?
Does it matter if I don't have a wig for the costume? (I have a hood I can keep up if it matters)
And are there going to be sign up sheets online?

I've never entered one before >___>;
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
Since it's only Genericon, and not a big con, I doubt not having a wig would be a big issue. The club isn't involved with running the cosplay, so your other questions really should be sent to the person running the cosplay. The contact info should be up on the Genericon site.

I know that we do a lot with Genericon, but we only run our events, we don't help run the con. I just wanted to bring this up because we keep getting questions that really should be posted on the Genericon forums.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Hmmm okay, that's good to know.

Yeah, I've looked on the forum and haven't really gotten any answers, so I thought maybe you guys might have some advice on it.

Ahhh sorry 'bout that, I acutally thought UNYcosplay was running it, but I was just looking for some advice since I've never really done a cosplay competition before...
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
Usually for Genericon they're messy about it. Don't worry about the wig. Especially if your costume was handmade.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]