Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genericon XXIII -- February 12-14, 2010
(01-24-2010, 09:26 AM)DanceRoseDante Wrote: I have already read the rules from Genericon's website

I was mostly posting that to answer Nikki's question. Unfortunately Genericon staff changes often, do to it being student run, so you don't know what they are going to do from year to year. Honestly I would try to find someone that is going to be in your general vicinity most of the con just in case.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Not being with an adult is really only a problem if you make trouble or wind up in the vicinity of trouble, I would guess. Or if you're trying to do something official like enter a tournament.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
We're not affiliated with Genericon though, so making suggestions and saying another thing from the rules isn't the best idea. Contact genericon directly and speak to them about the situation.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
From experience, I'd say Kathy's reponse is the most realistic.
(01-24-2010, 09:26 AM)DanceRoseDante Wrote: I have already read the rules from Genericon's website, and last year my aunt was hardly with me at all, but part of the rules say that I have to be the adult's presence at all times, and my mom is paranoid that by the off chance they do "catch me" without someone over 21, I'll get in trouble.
Personally, I think I'll be fine ^^; I've never had a problem before. But my mom was set on me at least trying to ask someone... X3

I plan on going Saturday and possibly Friday night. I'm not going Sunday.

If you want to set details to meet up closer to that weekend just PM me.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
No, that's okay, but thanks though! Apparently my aunt is hanging out longer than I thought. ^_^ I should be fine, especially since don't plan on causing any sort of trouble XD
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned

Almost there, guys! Less than 2 weeks!
(02-01-2010, 08:39 AM)Shinobihime Wrote: Almost there, guys! Less than 2 weeks!

im so ready Buster Brown
The Sub Atomic Rookie of the UNY cosplay Family

Watch me bust some moves! Henshin A Go Go Baby!

Just Frank

Henshin A go go Maybe

Gene Starwind-99% (omg i need a F-ing caster gun!)

Akira Fudo from the 1972 Devilman series - 100%

Bart from Fist of the North Star- 0%

Ichiro from kikaider-0%
-shaaaaaaaaakes-
less than two weeks and I need to finish 2 costumes...*rolls up her sleeves*
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”