Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genericon 2009 Feedback/Memories/Photos
Bug 
Hi everyone!
Now that Genericon has passed (and their site seems to be down!), feel free to give feedback, share memories, photos, video's ect. in this thread. We'll probably try to keep the same format for future cons as well to keep it easy to go back and find con-specific posts.

Thanks!! Heart

Jen
Big Grin I had lots of fun this year, and I'm so glad I was able to meet you guys! I live a little over an hour away from Troy, but I hope I can make it to some of the meetings and events UNY Cosplay will be hosting.

Iron Cosplay is EPIC WIN! ^w^ My friends and I love entering every year at Genericon and I have video proof of our exploits from the last two years. I'll post them ever I get the chance to take them off my camera. >.<

The one thing I remember most is Todd and my little brother mobbing Jen whenever she happened to walk by! Those little fanboys. XD
"How can you be 4,000 years old and not know how to make a sandwhich?!"

"It's gone... The thingy that makes it go is gone!
Genericon 2009 was pretty sweet! >:3

I went Friday and Saturday, for a total of about 22 hours (noooooo!!!)...it was pretty cool. I dragged a ton of friends around with me, and met a ton more ^w^

I organized a BJD meet up again this year, with a much better turnout. We all enjoyed ourselves, and I know our dollies loved the attention too! Heart

Hmmm...I think my favorite part of Genericon itself this year was Iron Cosplay & Kill Dr.Lucky XD I got to be a judge for Iron Cosplay, which was amusing (we didn't have enough people at the time to actually sign up and participate). Although I wasn't able to kill Dr.Lucky...yeah. I'll be back next year **evil laugh**

Right before I left Saturday night, I collected a new pet! Long story short, my newest treasure would be my L >>;; Haha **coughcough**

XD Genericon is always fun, even if it's small ^W^
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love and be loved in return

9.8.2008<3
(01-28-2009, 09:41 PM)Ceze Wrote: Genericon 2009 was pretty sweet! >:3

Hmmm...I think my favorite part of Genericon itself this year was Iron Cosplay & Kill Dr.Lucky XD I got to be a judge for Iron Cosplay, which was amusing (we didn't have enough people at the time to actually sign up and participate). Although I wasn't able to kill Dr.Lucky...yeah. I'll be back next year **evil laugh**

8D Really? Which round did you judge for? Me and my friends had a great time doing Iron Cosplay~
"How can you be 4,000 years old and not know how to make a sandwhich?!"

"It's gone... The thingy that makes it go is gone!
I had tons of fun at Genericon this year. And of course I was stupid and didn't bring my camera Sad Man, I can't really think of anything specific that was awesome. Everything just was. Hanging at the Artist Alley was neat, I liked having a place to crash. And getting to see everything behind the scenes. Big Grin

The Masquerade was fun but I hope it's not all... bleck early next year. It was still fun to do the skit, though :3

I thought everything moved a lot more smoothly this year. Besides the annoying prop policy crap, nothing seemed to go ridiculously haywire and cause a tragic meltdown. Which is always good!

Can't wait to wreak havoc with my own Artist Table next year. Cool That'll be interesting.
Genericon's site is back up!
http://genericon.union.rpi.edu
Found -- Glasses case with anime pictures on it.
Please PM me to claim.
its my first time so be gentle!

nah i've done G-fest 2wice

so i hope i can be welcomed with open arms

my challenge is 5 costumes in 3 day
i'll list them another time
but i wanna start on my skit if anybody wants to join it
The Sub Atomic Rookie of the UNY cosplay Family

Watch me bust some moves! Henshin A Go Go Baby!

Just Frank

Henshin A go go Maybe

Gene Starwind-99% (omg i need a F-ing caster gun!)

Akira Fudo from the 1972 Devilman series - 100%

Bart from Fist of the North Star- 0%

Ichiro from kikaider-0%
Why are we using this thread its kind of old. Can we start new threads instead of using old ones that should be closed...
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
I specifically used this thread because Genericon 2009 is where the item was found.
I don't know why Frank used it XD