Poll: How do you feel about eating out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I want to eat out at Okinawa after the November meeting on the 14th
20.00%
1 20.00%
I want to eat out on November 21st
0%
0 0%
I can't eat out because I need to save money for Christmas presents
0%
0 0%
I want to wait and eat out in January because there is too much going on with holdiays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
0%
0 0%
I think I will be broke in January because of all the money I spent on Christmas presents
0%
0 0%
I don't have a preference. Just set a date and I'll be there.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating out again?
Poll for eating out this month or next few months.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
Personally, I think it's nice having them after the meetings, which helps promote the meetings (and the eating out, for that matter). But, of course, if you can't make that date, that probably won't work too well :3
I agree that we will possibly get more people interested in going if its after a meeting and people are all together already.

As far as personally making the 14th, a couple of things... I talked to my husband and I might be able to attend his club function and then leave early to make ours. The bigger thing is budgetting. Honestly our money is very tight right now because of his job situation.

Either way I can still organize the event for the club even if I can't make it, as weird as that sounds.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
I'd like to, but now money is gonna be a little iffy for me with holidays coming up. Depending on when I might be able to. Even tho I have this feeling Jen would cover me either way... ^_^;

But just one thing, not the weekend of Nov 21, or me and Jen won't be there. That's the new Resident Evil Wii release, and gaming weekend for me and Jen. O_o Shootin zombies ALL WEEKEND LONG. XD
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Sarah: If you want to wait on holding it due to budgeting, I'm totally cool with that. In fact, there's an AAW (Asian Awareness Weekend, RPI's club) event going on after the meeting on the 14th which I will be helping out with, so that day isn't good for me anymore. If it's on another day, I can make it, but yeah.

I guess it makes sense for me for the person organizing to have to make it, because they're usually the one who calls to make the reservation (and adjust it), and they also keep track of who's coming, so they know who to call if they haven't shown up yet. I would be happy to organize an eat-out, if there's demand, but it sounds like money's tight, so I have no problem waiting until you can make one Smile
Thanks D.J.,

I still want to organize the event. As stupid as it sounds it makes me feel like I have a small niche in the club. Since I suck at cosplay >.<

How do people feel about December? Do we even have a date for the Dec meeting? Is the club doing a winter formal this year? I know I've seen pics from a formal in the past. Or how do people feel about a weeknight?
~Akio
Smile

The December meeting has been scheduled for 12/12.

We would need to talk about it, but considering we haven't done any planning yet, I don't think a formal is feasible for 2010.
If things go well, and the demand is there, maybe 2011.

As a quick back history, we attempted to have our first winter formal in 2006. But it seemed that due to the cost of the tickets, we didn't have enough prereg's. We found that we would have lost a lot if we had carried through with it, due to the high cost of the venue. We cancelled the event, and we lost a chunk for the initial reservation, and returned all the prereg's checks. In 2008, we attempted another one, and we pulled it off. But once again, it seemed to have low attendance, and I'm pretty sure we lost a little bit. Basically, the club would need to be in good financial standing, and the ecomony would probably need to be better for us to consider having another one.

I'm okay with weeknights.
Monday is the best weeknight for me, since DDR is closed that day XDD
Where do you play DDR at?

On topic, I will have to find out if anyone else wants to wait until December or would consider doing a weeknight.
~Akio
As far as I know, the only place near Albany is Zero Gravity, right next to Zombie Planet on Central.
The next nearest place should be in Saratoga Springs.

I'm good any of those times, assuming I'm available. (wow, was that too obvious? >.>)