Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decade Dinner ~ 1920's
---whew---!

Can I show up in my Yakitate!! Japan costume? (it's a white jacket, an orange collar shirt, reflective pants, and an afro)
(01-14-2010, 03:09 PM)chrono Wrote: ---whew---!

Can I show up in my Yakitate!! Japan costume? (it's a white jacket, an orange collar shirt, reflective pants, and an afro)

That's not 1920's Attire, so I would say no.

Ok, I've picked a date in May. Hopefully this is going to work for most of us that want to go.

Date: May 1, 2010

Time: 7pm

Location: Delmonico's Italian Steak House on Central Ave. (http://www.delmonicositaliansteakhouse.com/ )

If you want to participate in this event, I'll need an RSVP by April 26. I will not add any additional persons after that date.

Please contact me at UNYCosplay at gmail dot com if you wish to go. Put the subject as Decade Dinner.

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE THAT YOU WANT TO GO PLEASE E-MAIL IT. This will help me organize everything better. The beginning of April I will be sending confirmations to make sure you are still able to attend.

If you have any questions about attire, feel free to post that here. Myself and other members can help you out. :3

Thank-YOU!

Here are some links on 1920's fashions:

For Women: http://www.1920-30.com/fashion/1920s-fashions.html

For Men: http://www.costumegallery.com/1923/Men/

(Jen, can you update the first post with this information?)
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Got it! Big Grin
Those of us who would like to go, any objections to bumping this up to a Saturday next month? The date would be March 13, same time and place. I would need RSVP by March 6. Please let me know!
(02-16-2010, 11:25 AM)Phoenix Wrote: Those of us who would like to go, any objections to bumping this up to a Saturday next month? The date would be March 13, same time and place. I would need RSVP by March 6. Please let me know!

So it's gonna be in march instead > . > ?
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
(02-16-2010, 11:11 PM)Tohmasuke Wrote: So it's gonna be in march instead > . > ?

I'm asking if we would want to bump it up to that date. If not, I'll keep with the May 1 date.

So, let me re-phrase:

Which date would you like:

March 13

May 1
Those dates sound familiar... Anywho, do you have to dress up in that attire? Those dresses are so ugly... T_T
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
(02-17-2010, 02:30 PM)Binah Wrote: Those dates sound familiar... Anywho, do you have to dress up in that attire? Those dresses are so ugly... T_T

You aren't restricted to just the "boy" style dresses. Starlit outfits, gangster outfits are also ok. Think Jen's Bianca dress. Wink Plus your Luis girl version is also a 1920's dress. Those links are examples, they aren't the only things you can wear.
Hmm I would go march 13th , but it's greg's bday that day .......not sure if I'll have plans with him or not : /
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
(02-18-2010, 06:54 AM)Tohmasuke Wrote: Hmm I would go march 13th , but it's greg's bday that day .......not sure if I'll have plans with him or not : /

Well, I would love for both of you to go, so I'll probably just keep it May 1, unless he wanted to do this as his Birthday party. :3