Rate Thread
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cosplay Picnic 2009
UNYCosplay's next big event is the Summer Cosplay Picnic!

Address: 19 Roosevelt Dr, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Date: August 15, 2009
Time: 10am to 5pm
Cost: $10 ($7 for pre-reg)
Bring: Side dish, beverage, or dessert
Parking: $6 / car

Events:
  • Cosplay Contest
  • Iron Cosplay
  • Food -- Barbeque and Potluck
    • Drinks/barbeque provided
    • Bring a side, drink, or dessert!
  • Karaoke
  • Sports, games, and activities
  • LARP
  • Pin the tail on the furry!
  • Swap meet

Pre-register here!
http://www.unycosplay.com/thread-141.html

Feel free to print out and post/pass out the flyer!
http://www.unycosplay.com/thread-117.html
(Please make sure you have permission before posting!)

There will be a offer at the picnic for a special discount for Halloween Dance tickets! If you register at the picnic for the Halloween Dance and pay in cash on-site, you can receive your registration for only $5!
Please note that this is a one-time only offer and will only occur in-person at the picnic. We'd like to offer this discount as an appreciation to everyone who has supported us through the years.
http://www.unycosplay.com/thread-9.html

If you should arriving before 10am, we are going to make you stand in a line until setup is complete. It's not a major issue, but we don't want people roaming if we're not ready for you. ^_^; And you can totally come if you want, but you'll just have to wait. Just keep this in mind!

See you there!
I think we're aiming for July or August, to avoid the big summer conventions. It'll be -after- school gets out this year!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
(01-21-2009, 09:42 AM)Flipkat Wrote: I think we're aiming for July or August, to avoid the big summer conventions. It'll be -after- school gets out this year!

I appreciate that it is going to be a little later this year. This June is a bad month for me! I just hope my post graduation job search does not interfere! Hopefully this year I can help out a little more with the planning!
8D I can't wait! I would totally love to come, and so would some of my friends~

Oh, and I had a question: Should/can we bring some food to share? ^w^
"How can you be 4,000 years old and not know how to make a sandwhich?!"

"It's gone... The thingy that makes it go is gone!
(01-25-2009, 09:54 PM)assorted_teas Wrote: 8D I can't wait! I would totally love to come, and so would some of my friends~

Oh, and I had a question: Should/can we bring some food to share? ^w^
Definitely bring friends! Will it be the first time you have been to one?

Usually we do all bring things to share, but it will get worked out close to the date so we don't have too much of one thing and the club usually purchases stuff for hamburgers and hot dogs.
(01-24-2009, 03:02 PM)Kairi G Wrote: Hopefully this year I can help out a little more with the planning!
Yay!
(01-25-2009, 09:54 PM)assorted_teas Wrote: Oh, and I had a question: Should/can we bring some food to share? ^w^
Yes, Erica is right -- Usually the picnic is potluck. People usually bring side dishes, and drinks/grilled food is included with entry cost.
Anyone know what costume they are going to be wearing?

I think that I'm going to do Sister Hannah (Hero of Strength) from Fable 2. I just can't find too many pictures of her.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
It sounds really fun!
i looked at last years pictures on the website and it looked awsome!
i wanna go and maybe some of my friends!
what type of foods would you guys want us to bring??
i mean i can make sushi and mochi
or do you want more american food?
:frog:
It'd be great to have you Smile

Sushi and mochi are great! I've been known to bring dorayaki in the past XD
Typical things people bring include: Chips, scalloped potatoes, cookies, watermelon.
When it gets closer to the date, we usually start a sign-up sheet.