Rate Thread
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cosplay Picnic 2009
I think I brought unsweetened ice tea and water last year...The sugary drinks tend to make you more thirsty when it's hot.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
I think i'll bring lemonade or something to the effect then. You know, a couple pitchers and a whole bunch of crystal light mixes?
Planned cons: Otakon
Planned costumes for 2009:
Anna Kyoyama (Death of Yoh Version) - Shaman King - 90%
Penelo - Final Fantasy XII - Planned
Haruka/May - Pokemon - Planned
Timpani - Super Paper Mario - Planned
this year ill borrow the soda taps from my parents. and ill get them to supply some soda for it. Also I hate charcoal so I'm gonna bring a propane grill. and ill get some water coolers as well.
hey look.... a tiny message from my teeth

My other ride is a VF-1 Valkyarie
haha battle of the grills, well see who can grill better now
Have you ever played hide and seek with a blind kid? its about as fun as playing marco polo with a deaf kid.
Its a long journey stepping out your door, if you dont scuff your feet, who knows where the road might take you. J.R.R. Tolkien
Alphonse-8 feet Ed 5 feet and you wonder why hes so insecure about his height.
(The following is credited to my friend Alex)

Anyway, she had a brilliant (no...TRILLIANT!) idea.

COSPLAY CHESS!

There's only two problems I can think of.

1. We'd need a lot of space for the board. One idea could be making one, but that could potentially take a ton of time. There is a solution...they sell marker sprays that are biodigradable in grass...we could use that to make a 8x8 grid.

2. The amount of people. We need at least 32 to make this happen, two people to actually play the game, and one person to announce. Although I suppose the players (and announcer) could also be pieces. Also, there'd likely be a lot signups ahead of time...and some people might get upset if they're pawns and want to be a bishop or a knight, for instance. My guess that it would be first come first serve...unless if Jen and Nikki want to be in it then they are automatically the king and queen =P
It's generally easiest to cast pieces by costume. In some cases Jen is more of a queen's knight. Depends if they cosplay from the same series!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
(03-16-2009, 10:44 AM)Flipkat Wrote: It's generally easiest to cast pieces by costume. In some cases Jen is more of a queen's knight. Depends if they cosplay from the same series!

Or a King. XD
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
That's kinda what I was going for...Jen as king and Nikki as queen. I think it's only fair if the president is of the highest rank, lol.
But the King is the most vulnerable, fail piece in chess. The Queen has the ability to move wherever she wants and the game doesn't end if she's captured.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Uh... No offense, but I'm not taking part in Cosplay Chess. I just made that comment as a joke.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]