Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosplay Help - Celty Sturluson
I'd really like to cosplay Celty from Durarara, though I'm a little unsure about one major element of the costume:

Her jumpsuit. I have zero faith in my sewing abilities so I don't really want to attempt sewing one, so does anyone have advice for where I can purchase a semi-decent one?

I'm pretty sure I can handle the helmet with some yardsaling, some cardboard and some spraypaint.

[Image: painter_dura_celty.jpg]
OBJECTION!
Milanoo has decent and cheap priced bodysuits in many differents types, sizes, colors, fabrics, and they can custom make one too. I got my Black Cat bodysuit base from them. The helmet you could always buy a actual bike helmet and customize it.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
...I was totally planning on doing that cosplay too....>.>;;;;
But I'm not getting a jumpsuit, I'm using leggins and a tight sports jacket or something.
"I'm not just a lady's man, I'm a man's man~Heart" -Dante

Grell Sutcliff (Dress) - Kuroshitsuji Musical 2 : 90% completed
Serah Farron - Final Fantasy XIII : 60% completed
Nice Holystone - Baccano! : 30% completed
Nozomu Itoshiki - Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei :planned

You can get a less-expensive bodysuit from Milanoo, or try a dance store. It'll be more expensive from a dance supply store, but it will be higher quality. Milanoo's zippers have been known to break.
Yea, the zipper may need replacing. First night I wore mine and it broke. Sad I suggest if you get one through them wear it around for a couple hrs to see how well it holds together.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
(05-03-2010, 08:44 AM)DanceRoseDante Wrote: ...I was totally planning on doing that cosplay too....>.>;;;;
But I'm not getting a jumpsuit, I'm using leggins and a tight sports jacket or something.

Fff, if you're gonna do Celty maybe I'll do Harima Mika then. It'd certainly be less stuffy come the picnic.
OBJECTION!
(05-05-2010, 08:20 PM)Berry-tan Wrote:
(05-03-2010, 08:44 AM)DanceRoseDante Wrote: ...I was totally planning on doing that cosplay too....>.>;;;;

Fff, if you're gonna do Celty maybe I'll do Harima Mika then. It'd certainly be less stuffy come the picnic.

Yeah, that's probably safer, body suit + full faced helmet + summer heat = death trap. X3

(05-06-2010, 08:13 AM)DanceRoseDante Wrote:
(05-05-2010, 08:20 PM)Berry-tan Wrote:

Yeah, that's probably safer, body suit + full faced helmet + summer heat = death trap. X3

I'll probably save that for genericon, where it'll be less well... hazardous to my health. xD
OBJECTION!
Just hopping on this thread again - I know wood filler was suggested at the last meeting to help smooth out the ears on my Celty helmet, but my dad insists that I use drywall compound (or something like that...XD) instead.
Does anyone see a problem with using this, or thinks that the wood filler would still be better? XD

I've never used drywall compound, but I'd so go for it! By the looks of it, it will probably bond to the plastic a bit better. Let us know how it goes!!