Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ConnectiCon 2010
Has anyone made plans for ConnectiCon 2010?

I've never traveled out of state for a con before and actually have time off of work the same week as this con. I was wondering if anyone was going that I could ride with or share a room with.

I priced rooms at the Marriott downtown and they start at $139/night.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
No, they're more, I reserved a room for Connecticon and the rate on the site is different from what the hotel really gives you. I spoke to someone directly about that. It's in a range of $143 or something. I have a room/car full already, but I'm sure someone else is going with space.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
(03-04-2010, 10:38 PM)Binah Wrote: No, they're more, I reserved a room for Connecticon and the rate on the site is different from what the hotel really gives you. I spoke to someone directly about that. It's in a range of $143 or something. I have a room/car full already, but I'm sure someone else is going with space.

I was also aplying the fact that I have AAA and might get a discount throught that.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
@EndofWorld

I went to last year's convention, and it was a blast! I don't know what my plans are for that weekend, but I will say this: If I do go, I'll let you know.

Oh, if I do go, and you come with me, we may leave on the Thursday before the convention.
I'm planning on going but have no hotel or car plans yet, so count me in!
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
Sadly you cannot stack AAA on a room block rate. (We've tried that in the past and military discounts too.) So either you have to reserve it with the con room block rate or on your own with AAA. You can always call the hotel and ask which is cheaper.

(03-05-2010, 09:54 AM)EndofWorld Wrote:
(03-04-2010, 10:38 PM)Binah Wrote: No, they're more, I reserved a room for Connecticon and the rate on the site is different from what the hotel really gives you. I spoke to someone directly about that. It's in a range of $143 or something. I have a room/car full already, but I'm sure someone else is going with space.

I was also aplying the fact that I have AAA and might get a discount throught that.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
(03-04-2010, 02:14 PM)EndofWorld Wrote: Has anyone made plans for ConnectiCon 2010?

I've never traveled out of state for a con before and actually have time off of work the same week as this con. I was wondering if anyone was going that I could ride with or share a room with.

I priced rooms at the Marriott downtown and they start at $139/night.

I'll be headed down on Thursday afternoon too, if you want to pick up a ride. I'm only expecting one other body in the car so far, so there'll be plenty of room.
Thanks everyone for the comments. I don't know if I want to try to book a room by myself since I've never gone to a con out of state before or had to stay at a hotel for a con. Does anyone have space in a room still?
~Akio
In actuality, I myself am looking for a group that is willing to take me with them to Conneticon this year. I am fully willing to pay for part of the gas, as well as pay for my share of the hotel room. If you live in the Stephentown, Albany, or Troy area, and are reading this, either send me a message, or e-mail me at jperrin@dlbgp2.tzo.com

Thank you to anyone who responds!!!!!!
I have reserved a hotel room! It should be two double beds, but if they run out of doubles it'll be a king-size bed instead. Max occupancy is four, so the first three people to say they want in are likely to get space. It'll be something like $80 per person with four people.

I can also drive people down, since a few of us seem to be lacking rides - maybe an extra $10-15 per person, depending on tolls.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]