Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth ideas?
I'm working on an Edmond Dantes (from Gankutsuou) cosplay, and if you know anything about that series, you know how insane the patterns are xD

I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere I could get patterns similar. I'm not as worries about them being totaly exact as I'm trying to avoid painting as much as possible, but I would like to keep them the same idea/colors...etc

Here are some pics:
[Image: _La_douleur_et_Le_regret__by_claudi.jpg]
[Image: Gankutsuou_promotional.jpg]

I'm also planning on doing Franz and Albert at some point, so cloth ideas for them too would be nice :'D

Franz:
[Image: Franz32.png]

Albert:
[Image: 2428-1905213030.jpg] [Image: Alber2.png]
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
Alfreds Fabrics has a lot of weird pattern fabrics, I would check them out. They are in Colonie now. (1814 Central Ave (518) 489-6700) You may be able to find a cotton print or a brocade in a similar style. Go check out www.fabric.com also to see if they might have something. I think I've also seen similar fabrics in the home decor section of Jo Anns.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Oh right, I always forget about Alfred's for some reason D:

I've seen fabric.com before and I just searched it again but nothing seems quite right :\

Something I was thinking about while seraching without much lick was just getting it printed. I found Spponflower (http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome) has anyone ever done this before? Maybe with a different cite or something? I feel like this will probly be my best best. My main focus is the cape lining material. I could take it straight from the pictures upload and get it printed, sounds pretty cool!
Doesn't hurt to try Joanne's, Walmart, and Alfreds. I know Jen and I searched all over for her Fujimoto fabric and Alfred's was our savior. lol When Hobby Lobby opens in the spring, they'll have fabric too. There's also a tiny little fabric store on central ave in the hannaford plaza (near everett rd). I've never been in there, but I pass it all the time.
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Well I've check Wal Mart multiple times and have found nothing. And the others are a bit far for me and I know my parents won't drive me, plus they work during the day so I have no rides ^^; I wanted to try to make it down to Jo Ann's but we'll see.

But this cloth printing thing seems really cool :0
There's a factory remnent place in Cohoes that I always forget about.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]