Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assassin's Creed Cosplay
So my friend just got me into this game and I've decided I really want to do an Ezio cosplay! I've told myself a million times it's suicide but I just love his costume! (I actually started this out saying I wanted to do an Altair cosplay, but I just love Ezio's outfit so much more I'd rather just go the extra mile and do it)

Here's a pic of him for reference
http://blog.pricegrabber.co.uk/buttonsma...shot_1.jpg

That's the only pic you can find online of him right now, since the game isn't even out yet O__o;

So I was wondering if anyone had any patterns that might help me in this endeavor! Or if you have any scrap cloth/fake leather/vinyl that you're willing to give away or sell please let me know! I've never made a human sized clothing before and I have no idea how this will go .___.;;

Also, I have no idea where to get that belt buckle O___o;;;;; I'm figuring it should be made out of metal, but if it were you wouldn't be able to bend... so if anyone knows someone where I could aquaria one, or know someone that could make one or something I could make it out of, I would be eternally grateful! (Jen, the person that made your ebony and ivory, might he be able to make that.....?)
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
I'm making that costume also Big Grin!
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
I guess you could try Sculpy for the belt buckle, or just some thick craft foam if you really need it to be bendy. You wouldn't be able to bend easily anyway with a belt that thick; it'd have to ride up over your ribs when you sat down.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
I really suggest that if this is the first time that you're making a costume, NOT to start with something that complicated. You should really start with something much more simple before you even touch that costume. Trust me, you don't magically become good at costumes over night, and it will look much better when you have the experience to make it. Also a costume like that is going to cost a lot of money.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
hah yeah ^^; But I'm having my grandmother (who is at the level of professional seamstress) help me. WE were gonna do a Chirao cosplay, but I'm gonna ask her to do this instead, it's the same time person and the patterns we already pulled out can still be used, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal, and she definitely has the skills to do something like this!

Other wise, I wouldn't even attempt this right now x___x;; I know I couldn't do this on my own!
(07-15-2009, 01:49 AM)Tohmasuke Wrote: I'm making that costume also Big Grin!

Any tips!?!?!?! xDDD
(07-15-2009, 08:29 AM)Flipkat Wrote: I guess you could try Sculpy for the belt buckle, or just some thick craft foam if you really need it to be bendy. You wouldn't be able to bend easily anyway with a belt that thick; it'd have to ride up over your ribs when you sat down.

Yeah, tho I thought sculpy would snap, there's not much give to it, but I was thinking maybe like hinges in the middle or something, you can kind of see where's there's 2 parts that meet up....

idk I was also thinking about paris plaster and making it moveable in the middle like that...
On the opposite side of the spectrum, I say go for it!
The basic shapes of the clothes are simple and many of the details can be added slowly. It doesn't have to be perfect your first time and you'll learn so much.
I'm backing up Flipkat about the craft foam; be sure to layer it to get a nice look!
Good luck!
haha I am! My grandma's coming over today to help me with it, so hopefully it should be done for the picnic! .___.;;; If not I always have a back up xD

But yeah, I've been picking apart the costume and really, it's not as bad as it looks! xD The main thing is just the little details like the embroidery and things, so I'm fairly confident it'll work out!

Hmmm, I thought craft foam was really like soft, it won't break on me? Cause that buckle is going to have to be able to take some strain ^^; There was someone on DA that made and Ezio cosplay and I asked him what he used to make his buckle and gauntlets, and if I remember correctly he said he used craft foam (or something foam) and it cracked a lot.....

I was thinking of start with sculpy as a base, then wrap that up in paris plaster, then cover that in duck tape, then decoupage over that just to get it nice and smooth then paint it silver xDDD Not as complicated at is sounds :'D I'm just not sure how well the paint will stay.... And I might just leave out the duck tape layer and go right to decoupage xD but idk yet, I still need the actual costume x3
Okay, I had a couple ideas for the buckle that I wanted some feedback on cause idk if it'll work, but it might have to for the picnic >3>

I was thinking of making the buckle out of duck tape. I won't have to worry about it breaking/inhibiting movement that way. While talking to my grandfather about this, he left and came back with a roll of shiny chrome duck tape that would be perfect and give it a nice shiny glow to it too xD Right now this is my best plan, at least for the picnic >: I would like to revisit it later when I have more time.

But for at least a temporary thing do you guys think that'll work alright?

And a slight update about the costume (if anyone cares) my grandmother and i have been working on simplifying this as much as possible without sacrificing details and we ended up taking the two under layers of the tunics and we're just gonna have then be like skirts. We're gonna combine them and make it so I can shove a belt thru instead of my original plan of 2 tunics xD Not only will this save on cloth, but it will also help me from over heating in aug heat xD As the tunic material has to be pretty heavy *_* granted it's still gonna be warm, but that's on less layer there xD

And I'm starting to work on the gauntlet and leather stuff, but I can't find a decent pic of teh gauntlet details, so if anyone knows where I might be able to find one let me know and/or send me the link! <3

I can't wait to wear this at the picnic! =D I need to brush up on my italian :confused:
ok! i have decided to help you out with some picture search!
i find picture extremly helpful!
i really hope that theses pictures help, and i will keep searching!

also keep in mind that you might want to back check some of theses, because i know that they might differ from what you might be looking for.
i know when looking for a link sheild i've come up with a couple of different ones.....so just keep an eye out!

cosplayer(cosplayer do really help i use a lot of cosplay pictures!)
close up(chest)
drawing
gauntlet
chibi(this one might not help but i thought you might enjoy it!)
gauntlet(this is a really good close up of the gauntlets! it is a cosplay though...if you have a deviant art name you should really talk to him/her he seems like he/she know what they where doing!)(gets bigger if you click)
art(beautiful art! it does get bigger)

well i hope this helps
:frog:
I'm not sure I'd go for a buckle made entirely of tape. How about tape layered over some kind of tough, thick fabric or leather? On the other hand, there is that guy who makes entire costumes out of tape.
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]