Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Karaoke Party?
I've been asked by several people to host another Karaoke Party and I would like to put out some dates to see if they would work for the majority of people wanting to attend:

August 8

August 29

September 12

Times would be: 5pm until 11pm

Food would be potluck again. Video game room, but in a bigger location in the Church.

Admission would be $3 or 2 for $5 again. We would need a real registration table at the front door this time. Probably do 30 min stints per volunteer. After a certain time admission could be free.
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
I know august would be good since con season would be like over, July 11th would probably be hard for people going to Otakon.
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
I can tell you August 22 is out for me, jen, kim, emma, and nick, thats the weekend we're doing the ren fair. July 11 is the last weekend before Ota, and knowing us, we'll be busy preparing. July 25 is the last weekend before connecticon, and after Ota, we may need a breather weekend. Every yr we've left the weekend after ota empty for that reason. XD
Plus I thought we weren't worrying about admission this time b/c last time we couldn't keep track of people.
Maybe end of August will work? However if people go away to college....
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
My memory is terrible and for some reason thought that the ren fair was the weekend of the cosplay picnic.

I suggested new dates.

As for registration, we didn't keep track because we had no one doing a registration table to take money as people came in. If we are going to charge this time, we will need one.

(06-08-2009, 07:48 AM)Binah Wrote: I can tell you August 22 is out for me, jen, kim, emma, and nick, thats the weekend we're doing the ren fair. July 11 is the last weekend before Ota, and knowing us, we'll be busy preparing. July 25 is the last weekend before connecticon, and after Ota, we may need a breather weekend. Every yr we've left the weekend after ota empty for that reason. XD
Plus I thought we weren't worrying about admission this time b/c last time we couldn't keep track of people.
Maybe end of August will work? However if people go away to college....
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Any of those dates should be fine, I think. Do we want it right after the picnic, to draw a bigger crowd, or should we avoid that?
[Image: 6874000.png][Image: 6874002.png]
I recommend Sept 12, the date furthest from the picnic (which is Aug 15).
I agree with chrono. the 12th is a good date.
[Image: bannerforcosplay.jpg]
Incidentally, the Japanese Summer Festival / Bazaar event has been fixed for Aug 30. I will post details in a separate thread.
I would like the 8th! I leave for college aug 23rd, and I'm 2 hrs away, so I probly wouldn't be able to come back for it :|
Edmond Dantes (Gankutsuou): 30%
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): 98%
Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge): 50%
usually on saturdays or sundays seems good for me as long as its not too late I have to wake up each morning around 3 am to throw papers but my other jobs i have off through out the weekend ^_^;