Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAW Game Night
RPI's Asian Awareness Weekend (AAW) group will be running an Asian Game Night in the near future.

What: AAW Game Night
Date: 11/14/09 (Sat)
Note: Only open to club members of those participating in AAW.

In addition:
  • Ice cream sundae bar (free)
  • Caram Board
  • Mahjong
  • Card Games
This sounds really fun! What is Caram? Will you be doing the Karaoke for them?
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
sounds like a grand old time Big Grin
“Wishing for tomorrow... my soul shatters. My pride is broken. My wing is broken. I am no longer able to fly...”
*coughs*
(11-03-2009, 04:47 PM)chrono Wrote: Hope to see you there! (I will be there running karaoke LOL)

I have no idea what Caram is LOL

^^
I love mahjong...
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I play on the computer which is like matching but I don't think thats traditional mahjong which I have no idea how to play.
"A marvelous planitarium, don't you think? With it, I can project fairytale illusions onto the walls and show the innocent their dreams. A shadow play for those who desperately wish for something eternal, for the power of miracles... but no place exists above this room."
~Akio
LOLZ!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly what I play! Ok, nevermind then, I'd prolly fail so hard at 'real' Mahjong. XD!!!!!!!!!!1
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
I think of traditional mahjong reminds me of poker meets tiles...idk
~Akio
Here is some info on the games:

http://www.chinatownconnection.com/mahjong_rules.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrom
[Image: 2174355.png] [Image: 4017688.png]
Oh! I used to have an American Carrom set when I was young!!