Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Disturbing Trend...
I found this yesterday:

http://www.leetstreetboys.com/2011/01/be...-crashers/

It's actually really disturbing. I've already posted this on the Genericon site, but I figured I'd put it up here as well.
Personally I barely notice this type of crowd. If I do, I ignore them. We call them 'bros'. I have never come across a group of them that have caused severe issues at a con, but I also don't put myself out there to be 'attacked'. I personally know of someone who IS an anime/ japanese culture fan who does do things like that to con going girls, mainly younger ones. I am not really a friend, but I am sure they are not the only one that does it. People just need to be careful and don't let themselves seem vulnerable to it. It's not just anime cons that this kind of thing happens either. Plus that photo, it's a little stereotypical and does not show what others look like either. Not all harassers are 'bros' or look like they came from 'the jersey shore.' Bottom line, be careful and if someone IS giving you a problem, find someone or con staff/security.
OMG I just realised I posted that comment under Jen's name! I didn't realise she was logged in at the time! ACK! XD That was me guys! NOT Jen!
[Image: nivjanmd34prdon0.png]
Geez, thanks Nikki. Tongue
But I agree with most of what you said, so I won't bother to change it. Smile
We still love ya, Binah.